Percona is glad to announce the first release candidate of Percona Server 5.7.10-1 on December 14, 2015. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or from the Percona Software Repositories.
This release contains all the bug fixes from latest Percona Server 5.6 release (currently Percona Server 5.6.27-76.0).
- Percona Server 5.7.10-1 is not available on RHEL 5 family of Linux distributions and Debian 6 (squeeze).
- Complete list of changes between Percona Server 5.6 and 5.7 can be seen in Changed in Percona Server 5.7.
- MeCab Full-Text Parser Plugin has not been included in this release.
- PAM Authentication Plugin currently isn’t working correctly.
innodb_show_locks_helpare not working correctly.
- In Percona Server 5.7 super_read_only feature has been replaced with upstream implementation. There are currently two known issues compared to Percona Server 5.6 implementation:
- Using primary key with a
BLOBin TokuDB table could lead to a server crash (bug #916).
- Using XA transactions with TokuDB could lead to a server crash (bug #900).
- To install TokuDB on CentOS/RHEL 7 you’ll need to add the line
/etc/sysconfig/mysqlbefore running the
- Percona Tokubackup has not been included in this release.
ALTER TABLEwithout specifying the storage engine (without
enforce_storage_enginewas enabled could lead to unrequested and unexpected storage engine changes. If done for a system table, it would circumvent regular system table storage engine compatibility checks, resulting in crashes or otherwise broken server operation. Bug fixed #1488055.
- Some transaction deadlocks did not increase the
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_METRICS lock_deadlockscounter. Bug fixed #1466414 (upstream #77399).
- Removed excessive locking during the buffer pool resize when checking whether AHI is enabled. Bug fixed #1525215 (upstream #78894).
- Removed unnecessary code in InnoDB error monitor thread. Bug fixed #1521564 (upstream #79477).
Other bugs fixed: #371752 (upstream #45379), #1441362 (upstream #56155), #1385062 (upstream #74810), #1519201 (upstream #79391), #1515602, #1506697 (upstream #57552), #1501089 (upstream #75239), #1447527 (upstream #75368), #1384658 (upstream #74619), #1384656 (upstream #74584), and #1192052.