Based on MySQL 5.6.27, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.27-76.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.27-76.0 milestone on Launchpad.
SHOW SLAVE STATUS NOLOCKsyntax in 5.6 has been undeprecated. Both
SHOW SLAVE STATUS NOLOCKand
SHOW SLAVE STATUS NONBLOCKINGare now supported. Percona Server originally used
SHOW SLAVE STATUS NOLOCKsyntax for this feature. As of 5.6.20-68.0 release, Percona Server implements
SHOW SLAVE STATUS NONBLOCKINGsyntax, which comes from early MySQL 5.7. Current MySQL 5.7 does not have this syntax and regular
SHOW SLAVE STATUSis non-blocking.
- TokuDB tables can now be automatically analyzed in the background based on a measured change in data.
- Percona Server has implemented new
tokudb_strip_frm_datavariable which can be used to assist in TokuDB data recovery. WARNING: Use this variable only if you know what you’re doing otherwise it could lead to data loss.
- Setting the
tokudb_backup_last_errorvalues manually could cause server assertion. Bug fixed #1512464.
- Fixed invalid memory accesses when mysqldump was running with
--innodb-optimize-keysoption. Bug fixed #1517444.
- Fixed incorrect filename specified in
storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/buildheader/CMakeLists.txtwhich could cause subsequent builds to fail. Bug fixed #1510085 (Sergei Golubchik).
- Fixed multiple issues with TokuDB CMake scripts. Bugs fixed #1510092, #1509219 and #1510081 (Sergei Golubchik).
- An upstream fix for upstream bug #76135 might cause server to stall or hang. Bug fixed #1519094 (upstream #79185).
- ps_tokudb_admin now prevents Percona TokuBackup activation if there is no TokuDB storage engine on the server. Bug fixed #1520099.
- Percona TokuBackup plugin now gets removed during the TokuDB storage engine uninstall process. Bug fixed #1520472.
--defaults-fileoption has been implemented for ps_tokudb_admin to specify the MySQL configuration file if it’s not in the default location. Bug fixed #1517021.