Based on Percona Server 5.6.24-72.2 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.11, and on Codership wsrep API 25.11, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.24-25.11 is now the current General Availability release. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.24-25.11 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now allows reads in non-primary state by introducing a new session variable
wsrep_dirty_reads. This variable is boolean and is
OFFby default. When set to
ON, a Percona XtraDB Cluster node accepts queries that only read, but not modify data even if the node is in the non-PRIM state (#1407770).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now allows queries against
PERFORMANCE_SCHEMAeven with variables
OFF. This allows monitoring applications to monitor the node when it is even in non-PRIM state (#1409618).
wsrep_replicate_myisamvariable is now both global and session variable (#1280280).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now uses
getifaddrsfor node address detection (#1252700).
- Percona XtraDB Cluster has implemented two new status variables:
wsrep_gcache_pool_sizefor better instrumentation of galera memory usage. Variable
wsrep_cert_bucket_countshows the number of cells in the certification index hash-table and variable
wsrep_gcache_pool_sizeshows the size of the page pool and/or dynamic memory allocated for gcache (in bytes).
- Using concurrent
LOAD DATA REPLACEor
INSERT ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATEstatements in the
READ COMMITTEDisolation level or with the
innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlogoption enabled could lead to a unique-key constraint violation. Bug fixed #1308016.
- Using the Rolling Schema Upgrade as a schema upgrade method due to conflict with
wsrep_desyncwould allows only one
ALTER TABLEto run concurrently. Bugs fixed #1330944 and #1330941.
- SST would resume even when the donor was already detected as being in
SYNCEDstate. This was caused when
wsrep_desyncwas manually set to
OFFwhich caused the conflict and resumed the donor sooner. Bug fixed #1288528.
- DDL would fail on a node when running a TOI DDL, if one of the nodes has the table locked. Bug fixed #1376747.
xinet.d mysqlchkfile was missing
type = UNLISTEDto work out of the box. Bug fixed #1418614.
- Conflict between
CREATE TABLEhas been fixed. Bug fixed #1435482.
- A specific trigger execution on the master server could cause a slave assertion error under row-based replication. The trigger would satisfy the following conditions: 1) it sets a savepoint; 2) it declares a condition handler which releases this savepoint; 3) the trigger execution passes through the condition handler. Bug fixed #1438990.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Debian init script was testing connection with wrong credentials. Bug fixed #1439673.
- Race condition between IST and SST in xtrabackup-v2 SST has been fixed. Bugs fixed #1441762, #1443881, and #1451524.
- SST will now fail when move-back fails instead of continuing and failing at the next step. Bug fixed #1451670.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster
.debbinaries were built without fast mutexes. Bug fixed #1457118.
- The error message text returned to the client in the non-primary mode is now more descriptive (
"WSREP has not yet prepared node for application use"), instead of
"Unknown command"returned previously. Bug fixed #1426378.
- Out-of-bount memory access issue in
seqno_reset()function has been fixed.
wsrep_local_cached_downtowould underflow when the node on which it is queried has no writesets in gcache.
Other bugs fixed: #1290526.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!