Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.3.1-beta1 on May 20th 2015. Downloads are available from our download site here. This BETA release, will be available in Debian testing and CentOS testing repositories.
This is an BETA quality release and it is not intended for production. If you want a high quality, Generally Available release, the current Stable version should be used (currently 2.2.10 in the 2.2 series at the time of writing).
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release contains all of the features and bug fixes in Percona XtraBackup 2.2.10, plus the following:
- innobackupex script has been rewritten in C and it’s set as the symlink for xtrabackup.
innobackupexstill supports all features and syntax as 2.2 version did, but it is now deprecated and will be removed in next major release. Syntax for new features will not be added to the
innobackupex, only to the
xtrabackupnow also copies MyISAM tables and supports every feature of
innobackupex. Syntax for features previously unique to
innobackupex(option names and allowed values) remains the same for
- Percona XtraBackup can now read swift parameters from a
[xbcloud]section from the
.my.cnffile in the users home directory or alternatively from the global configuration file
/etc/my.cnf. This makes it more convenient to use and avoids passing the sensitive data, such as
--swift-key, on the command line.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports different authentication options for Swift.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports partial download of the cloud backup.
--lock-wait-timeouthave been renamed to
- innobackupex didn’t work correctly when credentials were specified in
.mylogin.cnf. Bug fixed #1388122.
--decompressdidn’t work with xtrabackup binary. Bug fixed #1452307.
- Percona XtraBackup now executes an extra
FLUSH TABLESbefore executing
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKto potentially lower the impact from
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. Bug fixed #1277403.
- innobackupex didn’t read user,password options from
~/.my.cnffile. Bug fixed #1092235.
- innobackupex was always reporting the original version of the innobackup script from InnoDB Hot Backup. Bug fixed #1092380.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.3.1-beta1 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.