Percona is pleased to announce the availability of Percona Toolkit 2.2.14. Released April 14, 2015. Percona Toolkit is a collection of advanced command-line tools to perform a variety of MySQL server and system tasks that are too difficult or complex for DBAs to perform manually. Percona Toolkit, like all Percona software, is free and open source.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series. It includes multiple bug fixes for pt-table-checksum with better support for Percona XtraDB Cluster, various other fixes, as well as continued preparation for MySQL 5.7 compatibility. Full details are below. Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories.
- pt-slave-find can now resolve the IP address and show the slave’s hostname. This can be done with the new
- pt-table-sync can now ignore the tables whose names match a specific Perl regex with the new
- Fixed bug 925781: Inserting non-BMP characters into a column with
utf8charset would cause the
Incorrect string valueerror when running the pt-table-checksum.
- Fixed bug 1368244: pt-online-schema-change
--alter-foreign-keys-method=drop-swap` was not atomic and thus it could be interrupted. Fixed by disabling common interrupt signals during the critical drop-rename phase.
- Fixed bug 1381280: pt-table-checksum was failing on
BINARYfield in Primary Key. Fixed by implementing new
--binary-indexflag to optionally create checksum table using
- Fixed bug 1421405: Running pt-upgrade against a log with many identical (or similar) queries was producing repeated sections with the same fingerprint.
- Fixed bug 1402730: pt-duplicate-key-checker was not checking for duplicate keys when
--verboseoption was set.
- Fixed bug 1406390: A race condition was causing pt-heartbeat to crash with sleep argument error.
- Fixed bug 1417558: pt-stalk when used along with
--collect-stracedidn’t write the strace output to the expected destination file.
- Fixed bug 1421025: Missing dependency for
perl-TermReadKeyRPM package was causing toolkit commands to fail when they were run with
- Fixed bug 1421781: pt-upgrade would fail when log contained
SELECT...INTOqueries. Fixed by ignoring/skipping those queries.
- Fixed bug 1425478: pt-stalk was removing non-empty files that were starting with an empty line.
- Fixed bug 1419098: Fixed bad formatting in the pt-table-checksum documentation.