MySQL Tutorials: A time to learn at Percona Live 2015Tom Diederich
The many hours of intensive tutorials, led by some of the top minds in MySQL, have always been a major draw each year to the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo. And 2015’s event will be no exception.
Percona Live 2015 runs April 13-16 in Santa Clara, Calif. and the first day is dedicated to the classroom – so bring your laptops for the combined 45 hours of learning. MySQL tutorials are included with the full-conference pass but a “tutorial-only pass” is also available. Super-saver registration discounts have been extended until Dec. 19. Here’s a look at this year’s tutorials lineup. (There will be a couple more announced in January).
“Advanced MySQL Replication Features Roundup” with Giuseppe Maxia, QA Director at Continuent (3 hours)
- “Be ‘Backup Ready’ for all Disasters!” with Percona’s Roman Vynar and Akshay Suryawanshi (3 hours)
- “Building an Operational Visibility Stack for MySQL” with Pythian’s Laine Campbell and Derek Downey (3 hours)
- “Deploying MySQL HA with Ansible and Vagrant” with Percona’s Daniel Guzman Burgos and Robert Barabas (3 hours)
- InnoDB Architecture and Performance Optimization” with Percona’s Peter Zaitsev (3 hours)
- “MySQL Break/Fix Lab” with Pythian’s Gillian Gunson, Miklos Szel (6 hours)
- “Operational DBA in a Nutshell! Hands On Tutorial!” with Percona’s terrific trio of Dimitri Vanoverbeke, Liz van Dijk and Kenny Gryp (6 hours)
- “Percona XtraDB Cluster / Galera in Practice – 2015 Edition” starring Percona’s Jay Janssen (6 hours)
- “Ramp-up Tutorial for MySQL Cluster – Scaling with Continuous Availability” with René Cannaò (3 hours)
- “Tuning MySQL: It’s About Performance” with Percona’s intrepid Bill Karwin (3 hours)
- “Using TokuDB: A Guided Walk Through of TokuDB Implementation” with Tokutek’s Jon Tobin
And that’s just on Monday! There will be much more over the four days of the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2015. I posted a sneak peek of the full Percona Live (initial) roster a couple weeks ago. And remember, super-saver registration discounts have been extended until Dec. 19 so register now – and don’t forgot your laptop (and power cord)!