Sneak peek at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015Tom Diederich
You know you’ll be there so why not save some $$ by registering now for the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 (April 13-16 in Santa Clara, Calif.). Super Saver registration discounts are available through Dec. 14 at 11:30 p.m. PST. (That’s just 10 days away!)
What to expect this year? The Percona Live 2015 conference committee is putting together another fantastic event for the global MySQL community’s next meeting in April. The full conference agenda will be announced in January, but the initial roster includes:
- Sunny Bains, Senior Engineering Manager at Oracle; “InnoDB 5.7- What’s New”
- Yoshinori Matsunobu, Database Engineer at Facebook; “Fast Master Failover Without Data Loss”
- Jeremy Cole, Senior Systems Engineer at Google, Inc.; “Exploring Your Data With InnoDB Explorer”
- Tom Krouper, Staff Database Administrator at Twitter; “Upgrading to MySQL 5.6 @ Scale”
- Jenni Snyder, Database Administrator at Yelp; “Schema changes multiple times a day? OK!”
- Ike Walker, Database Architect at Flite; “Assembling the Perfect MySQL Toolbox”
- Jean-François Gagné, Senior System Engineer/Architect at Booking.com; “Binlog Servers at Booking.com”
- Jeremy Glick, Lead DBA at MyDBAteam, and Andrew Moore, MySQL DBA at Percona; “Using MySQL Audit Plugins and Elasticsearch ELK”
- Tomáš Komenda, Team Lead and Database Specialist, and Lukáš Putna, Senior Developer and Database Specialist at Seznam.cz; “MySQL and HBase Ecosystem for Real-time Big Data Overviews”
- Alexander Rubin, Principal Consultant at Percona; “Advanced MySQL Query Tuning”
And while the call for papers deadline has expired, there are still sponsorship opportunities available for the world’s largest annual MySQL event. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs who attend the event.
Current sponsors include:
- Diamond Plus: VMware
- Gold: Codership, Pythian
- Silver: Box, SpringbokSQL, Yelp
- Exhibit Only: FoundationDB, Severalnines, Tokutek, VividCortex
- Other Sponsors: MailChimp
- Media Sponsor: Database Trends & Applications , Datanami, InfoQ , Linux Journal, O’Reilly Media
Percona Live 2015 will feature a variety of formal tracks and sessions related to High Availability, DevOps, Programming, Performance Optimization, Replication and Backup, MySQL in the Cloud, MySQL and NoSQL, MySQL Case Studies, Security, and What’s New in MySQL.
As usual the conference will be held in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. But this year Percona has also unveiled OpenStack Live 2015, a new conference that will run in parallel with Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 on April 13 and 14.
And don’t forget, Super Saver registration discounts are available through Dec. 14 at 11:30 p.m. PST. I hope to see you in Santa Clara!