Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Toolkit 2.2.8 on June 4th, 2014 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series.
- pt-agent has been replaced by percona-agent. More information on percona-agent can be found in the Introducing the 3-Minute MySQL Monitor blog post.
- pt-slave-restart now supports MySQL 5.6 global transaction IDs.
- pt-table-checksum now has new –plugin option which is similar to pt-online-schema-change –plugin
- Fixed bug #1254233: pt-mysql-summary was showing blank InnoDB section for MySQL 5.6 because it was using
variable which was removed in MySQL 5.6.
- Fixed bug #965553: pt-query-digest didn’t fingerprint
- Fixed bug #1286250: pt-online-schema-change was requesting password twice.
- Fixed bug #1295667: pt-deadlock-logger was logging incorrect timestamp because tool wasn’t aware of the time zones.
- Fixed bug #1304062: when multiple tables were specified with pt-table-checksum –ignore-tables, only one of them would be ignored.
All Percona software is free and open-source. Details of the release can be found in the release notes and the 2.2.8 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the Percona Toolkit launchpad bug tracker.