Based on MySQL 5.6.17, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.17-65.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.17-65.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server now supports Metrics for scalability measurement.
- Percona Server now supports Audit Log Plugin.
- Percona Server parser and query optimizer now support Multiple Clustering Keys when TokuDB engine is used.
- Storage engine handler interface has been extended with new calls to notify the storage engine of imminent table or index scan. The calls are used by TokuDB to improve performance of these operations.
- Percona Server packages are now available for Ubuntu 14.04.
- Percona Server couldn’t be built with Bison 3.0. Bug fixed #1262439, upstream #71250 (Ryan Gordon).
- Fixed the inadequate background LRU flushing for write workloads with InnoDB compression that could lead to lower performance. Bug fixed #1295268.
- Percona Server debug packages were not built for the previous releases. Bug fixed #1298352.
- Queries that no longer exceed
long_query_timewere written to the slow query log if they matched the previous
long_query_timevalue when slow_query_log_use_global_control variable was set to all. Bug fixed #1016991.
- When writing audit plugins it was not possible to get notifications for general-log events without enabling the general-log. Bug fixed #1182535 (upstream #60782).
mysqld_safedid not correctly parse flush_caches and numa_interleave options. Bug fixed #1231110.
- Thread Pool would handle a new client connection without notifying Audit Plugin. Bug fixed #1282008.
- Fixed a performance issue in extending tablespaces if running under
fusionIOwith atomic writes enabled. Bug fixed #1286114 (Jan Lindström).
- Previous implementation of the log_slow_rate_type set to query with log_slow_rate_limit feature would log every nth query deterministically instead of each query having a 1/n probability to get logged. Fixed by randomly selecting the queries to be logged instead of logging every nth query. Bug fixed #1287650.
- Percona Server source files were referencing Maatkit instead of Percona Toolkit. Bug fixed #1174779.
- Maximum allowed value for log_slow_rate_limit was
18446744073709551615, depending on the platform). As it was unreasonable to configure the slow log for every four billionth session/query, new maximum allowed value is set to
1000. Bug fixed #1290714.