Percona Server version 5.1.52-12.3 is now available for download.
The main purpose of this release is to update the current Percona release candidate to the latest version of MySQL 5.1. The release also includes the HandlerSocket plugin, which provides NoSQL features in Percona Server.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Percona Server 5.1.52-12.3 is now based on MySQL 5.1.52.
- New Features Added:
- HandlerSocket plugin support has been added to all RPM and Debian packages. This is an experimental feature. (Inada Naoki, DeNA Co., Ltd.)
- show_slave_status_nolock – Allows examination of slave status even when a lock prevents SHOW SLAVE STATUS from operating. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Â innodb_fast_shutdown – Sleeping threads could cause a delay of up to 10 seconds during InnoDB shutdown. The sleeping state of threads was made interruptible to avoid this. (contributed by Kristian Nielsen) (Alexey Kopytov)
- Other Changes: None
- Bug #640576 – The false error “innodb_extra_undoslots option is disabled but it was enabled before” was sometimes reported after upgrading from MySQL 5.0. (Yasufumi Kinoyasu)
- Bug #643463 – Shutting down XtraDB could take up to 10 seconds, even when there was no actual work to do. (Fix contributed by Kristian Nielsen) (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #663757 – On the FreeBSD platform, the â€œgcc atomic built-inâ€ function isn’t provided, so response_time_distribution now uses the native atomic API on FreeBSD. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #673426 – Use of some system variables as command-line options caused a crash or undefined behavior. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #673562 – Debug build was broken due a to failing compile-time assertion in mysqld.cc. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #673567 – Compiler could produce spurious warnings when building on non-Linux platforms. A check is now made to see if clock_gettime() is present in librt at the configure stage. If yes, -lrt is added to LIBS. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #673929 – Query cache misses were being reported for some queries when hits were actually occurring. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676146 – The development environment test of log_slow_verbosity=innodb on a slave for row-based replication was not working correctly. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676147 – The development environment test of option log_slow_slave_statements for row-based replication was not working correctly. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Bug #676148 – Similar to Bug #676147. A check is now made for the replication type to test. (Oleg Tsarev)
The Release Notes for this and previous releases can be found in our Wiki.
Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.
For support, commercial, and sponsorship inquiries, contact Percona.