We are announcing today the new version 9.1 of XtraDB storage engine.
The name of binaries has changed to Percona-XtraDB. It is applicable to all packages including RPM, DEB and tar.gz packages.
New features in version 9.1:
- MySQL 5.1.43 is taken as the basis
- packages name changed to Percona-XtraDB
- Enabled support of SSL
- Enabled profiling
- Added script to sort LRU dump
- New supported platforts are added. The full list includes:
- CentOS 5 (x86_64 and i386)
- CenOS 4 (x86_64 and i386)
- Debian lenny (x86_64 and i386)
- Debian etch (x86_64 and i386)
- UbuntuÂ Jaunty (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu Intrepid (x86_64 and i386)
- Ubuntu Hardy (x86_64 and i386)
- FreeBSD 8 (x86_64 and i386)
- OpenSolaris (x86_64)
- Bug #506894: buf_flush_LRU_recommendation() is too optimistic
- Fixed mysql-tests:
- ssl tests
- enabled rpl_killed_ddl and innodb-autoinc tests
Percona-XtraDB obsoletes mysql-server packages, so upgrade is pretty straightforward.
Instead of updating currently installed packages Percona-XtraDB should be installed. It will replace currently installed mysql-server, mysql-client, etc.
1. If you didn’t install yet Percona YUM repo, please do it. It is available both for x86_64 and i386.
2. Install Percona-XtraDB
# yum install Percona-XtraDB-server Percona-XtraDB-client
1. Add Percona repository to the sources.list
deb http://repo.percona.com/apt lenny main
deb-src http://repo.percona.com/apt lenny main
Instead of “lenny” put the name of your distribution.
2. Update the repository with “apt-get update”
3. Install Percona-XtraDB package
# apt-get install percona-xtradb-server percona-xtradb-client
The binaries for supported platforms are located on https://www.percona.com/percona-builds/Percona-XtraDB/Percona-XtraDB-5.1.43-9.1/ .
The latest source code of XtraDB, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona