Please join Percona’s Senior Technical Operations Architect, Tim Vaillancourt as he presents Running MongoDB in Production Part 1 on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 10:00 am PDT (UTC-7) / 1:00 pm EDT (UTC-4).
Are you a seasoned MySQL DBA that needs to add MongoDB to your skills? Are you used to managing a small environment that runs well, but want to know what you might not know yet?
MongoDB works well, but when it has issues, the number one question is "where should I go to solve a problem?"
This tutorial will cover:
- Logical vs Binary-level backups
- Sharding and Replica-Set Backup strategies
- Filesystem and Network Security
- Operational Security
- External Authentication features of Percona Server for MongoDB
- Securing connections with SSL and MongoDB Authorization
- Encryption at Rest
- New Security features in 3.6
- Monitoring Strategy
- Important metrics to monitor in MongoDB and Linux
- Percona Monitoring and Management