Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 is our brand new MySQL 5.7 compatible Galera-based high availability (HA) solution. Whether you’re new to MySQL clustering technology, or experienced with Galera-based replication, this tutorial provides great insights into working with the software, including:
- New and unique Features XtraDB Cluster 5.7, including Cluster Safe Mode, instrumentation with Performance Schema and extended support for encrypted tablespace in multi-master topology
- Seamless integration with ProxySQL for better HA and read/write splitting
- Improved security with native data at rest encryption and secure networking
- Native integration with Docker, optimized for Container World
- Monitoring with Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
- Improved stability with many critical bug fixes and improved error messaging
This tutorial will demonstrate how to set up XtraDB Cluster, complete with High Availability Proxy and Monitoring, as well as perform the most important management operations.