MySQL Backup and Recovery Best Practices
MySQL® backup and recovery processes are foundational to the success of any application infrastructure and can be the difference between a minor outage and the end of a business. Join Max Bubenick of the Percona Remote DBA Team as he shares backup and recovery best practices gained from working with some of the largest MySQL users in the world.
Key topics include:
- The different types of backups, including physical, logical and binlog mirroring
- How Percona XtraBackup, mysqldump 5.6 for binlogs and other backup tools work
- Mydumper advanced features and benefits such as less-locking, save-points and chunks filesize/rows
- How to restore each type of backup, including restoring to a point in time using binlogs
- Using Amazon S3 for a long-term storage
By the end of this webinar, you will have a better understanding of how to approach creating a best-in-class backup and recovery system for your MySQL environment.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
PRESENTER: Max Bubenick, DBA Team Manager
Slides: Download Here
How Percona Can Help Ensure Your MySQL Backups Are Ready When You Need Them
Take advantage of the expertise of the Percona team and outsource the configuration, monitoring, and management of your MySQL backups with the Percona Backup Service. Percona Backup Service ensures properly configured MySQL server backups run successfully as scheduled and that any backup issues or production data recovery needs are handled rapidly by expert MySQL technicians on duty 24X7X365. The service is available for companies using any variant of single-node or clustered MySQL— on premise or in the cloud—and provides full visibility into the status of all backups through a convenient customer portal.