This week we officially kick-off the Preview of Database as a Service (DBaaS) in Percona Monitoring and Management. We are still looking for users to test and provide feedback during this year-long program, and we would love you to participate!
Our vision is to deliver a truly open source solution that won’t lock you in. A single pane of glass to easily manage your open source database infrastructure, and a self-service experience enabling fast and consistent open source database deployment.
Our goal is to deliver the enterprise benefits our customers are looking for, including:
- A single interface to deploy and manage your open source databases on-premises, in the cloud, or across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- The ability to configure a database once and deploy it anywhere.
- Critical database management operations, such as backup, recovery, and patching.
- Enhanced automation and advisory services allow you to find, eliminate, and prevent outages, security issues, and slowdowns.
- A viable alternative to public cloud and large enterprise database vendor DBaaS offerings, allowing you to eliminate vendor lock-in.
Percona applies a user-driven product development process. So, we hope our user community will get involved in the Preview of Database as a Service (DBaaS) in Percona Monitoring and Management and help inform the design and development of this new software functionality.
The Preview is a year-long program consisting of four phases. Each three-month phase will focus on a different area of participant feedback. Preview participants can be involved in as many phases as they like.
Preview of Database as a Service (DBaaS) in Percona Monitoring and Management
Phase One Details for Interested Participants
Phase one will focus on:
- Gathering feedback allows us to understand the applicable user personas and the goals and objectives required in their day-to-day roles.
- Gathering feedback on the user experience, specifically involving creating, editing, and deleting database clusters and the databases within those clusters. We will also gather feedback on the management of those clusters and the monitoring of added database servers and nodes.
We are starting with a focus on database deployment and management features, as they help users improve their productivity.
Other details to note…
- Phase one of the Preview will run until April 2021
- Phase one requires around 10 hours of self-paced activities, facilitated through the Percona Forum
- All Community Preview participant feedback will be captured within the Percona Forum
- Community Preview participant questions will be facilitated through the Percona Forum.
So make sure to sign up to participate in the Preview of Database as a Service (DBaaS) in Percona Monitoring and Management and become a crucial participant in this initiative, helping shape future users’ experience as we develop and test this new software functionality!