Percona Server for MongoDB 4.0.4-1 GA Is Now AvailableBorys Belinsky
Percona Server for MongoDB is an enhanced, open source, and highly-scalable database that is a fully-compatible, drop-in replacement for MongoDB 4.0 Community Edition. It supports MongoDB 4.0 protocols and drivers.
Percona Server for MongoDB extends the functionality of the MongoDB 4.0 Community Edition by including the Percona Memory Engine storage engine, encrypted WiredTiger storage engine, audit logging, SASL authentication, hot backups, and enhanced query profiling. Percona Server for MongoDB requires no changes to MongoDB applications or code.
This release includes all features of MongoDB 4.0 Community Edition 4.0. Most notable among these are:
- Multi-Document ACID transactions
- Type conversion through the new aggregation operators
- Enhancements to the Change Streams support
Note that the MMAPv1 storage engine is deprecated in MongoDB 4.0 Community Edition 4.0.
In Percona Server for MongoDB 4.0.4-1, data at rest encryption is considered BETA quality. Do not use this feature in a production environment.
- PSMDB-235: In some cases, hot backup did not back up the
keydbdirectory; mongod could crash after restore.
- PSMDB-233: When starting Percona Server for MongoDB with WiredTiger encryption options but using a different storage engine, the server started normally and produced no warnings that these options had been ignored
- PSMDB-239: The WiredTiger encryption was not disabled when using the Percona Memory Engine storage engine.
- PSMDB-241: WiredTiger per database encryption keys were not purged when the database was deleted
- PSMDB-243: A log message was added to indicate that the server is running with encryption
- PSMDB-245: KeyDB’s WiredTiger logs were not properly rotated without restarting the server.
- PSMDB-266: When running the server with the
--directoryperdboption, the user could add arbitrary collections to the
keydbdirectory which is designated for data encryption.
Due to the fix of bug PSMDB-266, it is not possible to downgrade from version 4.0.4-1 to version 3.6.8-2.0 of Percona Server for MongoDB if using data at rest encryption (it will be possible to downgrade to PSMDB 3.6 as soon as PSMDB-266 is ported to that version).