Announcement: Second Alpha Build of Percona XtraBackup 8.0 Is AvailableBorys Belinsky
The second alpha build of Percona XtraBackup 8.0.2 is now available in the Percona experimental software repositories.
Note that, due to the new MySQL redo log and data dictionary formats, the Percona XtraBackup 8.0.x versions will only be compatible with MySQL 8.0.x and Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.x. This release supports backing up Percona Server 8.0 Alpha.
For experimental migrations from earlier database server versions, you will need to backup and restore and using XtraBackup 2.4 and then use mysql_upgrade from MySQL 8.0.x
PXB 8.0.2 alpha is available for the following platforms:
- RHEL/Centos 6.x
- RHEL/Centos 7.x
- Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty*
- Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
- Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic
- Debian 8 Jessie*
- Debian 9 Stretch
Information on how to configure the Percona repositories for apt and yum systems and access the Percona experimental software is here.
* We might drop these platforms before GA release.
- PXB-1658: Import keyring vault plugin from Percona Server 8
- PXB-1609: Make version_check optional at build time
- PXB-1626: Support encrypted redo logs
- PXB-1627: Support obtaining binary log coordinates from performance_schema.log_status
- PXB-1634: The CREATE TABLE statement could fail with the DUPLICATE KEY error
- PXB-1643: Memory issues reported by ASAN in PXB 8
- PXB-1651: Buffer pool dump could create a (null) file during prepare stage of Mysql8.0.12 data
- PXB-1671: A backup could fail when the MySQL user was not specified
- PXB-1660: InnoDB: Log block N at lsn M has valid header, but checksum field contains Q, should be P