Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.22-22 Is Now AvailableDmitriy Kostiuk
Percona announces the GA release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.22-22 on on May 31, 2018. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or the Percona Software Repositories. You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Based on MySQL 5.7.22, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.22-22 is the current GA release in the Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 series. Percona provides completely open-source and free software.
- A new
--encrypt-tmp-filesoption turns on encryption for the temporary files which Percona Server may create on disk for filesort, binary log transactional caches and Group Replication caches.
- Executing the
SHOW GLOBAL STATUSexpression could cause “data drift” on global status variables in case of a query rollback: the variable, being by its nature a counter and allowing only an increase, could return to its previous value. Bug fixed #3951 (upstream #90351).
- NUMA support was improved in Percona Server, reverting upstream implementation back to the original one,due to upstream variant being less effective in memory allocation. Now
innodb_numa_interleavevariable not only enables NUMA interleave memory policy for the InnoDB buffer pool allocation, but forces NUMA interleaved allocation at the buffer pool initialization time. Bug fixed #3967.
audit_log_include_accountsvariable did not take effect if placed in
my.cnfconfiguration file, while still working as intended if set dynamically. Bug fixed #3867.
key_block_sizevalue was set automatically by the Improved MEMORY Storage Engine, which resulted in warnings when changing the engine type to InnoDB, and constantly growing
key_block_sizeduring alter operations. Bugs fixed #3936, #3940, and #3943.
- Fixes were introduced to remove GCC 8 compilation warnings for the Percona Server build. Bug fixed #3950.
- An InnoDB Memcached Plugin code clean-up was backported from MySQL 8.0. Bug fixed #4506.
- Percona Server could not be built with
-DWITH_LZ4=systemoption on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) because of too old LZ4 packages. Bug fixed #3842.
- A regression brought during TokuDB code clean-up in
5.7.21-21was causing assertion in cases when the FT layer returns an error during an alter table operation. Bug fixed #4294.
MyRocks Changes and fixes:
UPDATEstatements were returning incorrect results because of not making a full table scan on tables with unique secondary index. Bug fixed #4495 (upstream facebook/mysql-5.6#830).
Other Bugs Fixed:
- #4451 “Implement better compression algo testing”
- #4469 “variable use out of scope bug in get_last_key test detected by ASAN in clang 6”
- #4470 “the cachetable-simple-pin-nonblocking-cheap test occasionally fails due to a locking conflict with the cachetable evictor”
- #4488 “-Werror is always disabled for innodb_memcached”
- #1114 “Assertion `inited == INDEX’ failed”
- #1130 “RBR Replication with concurrent XA in READ-COMMITTED takes supremum pseudo-records and breaks replication”