Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.40-84.0 Is Now AvailableDmitriy Kostiuk
Percona announces the release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.40-84.0 on May 30, 2018 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.6.40, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.40-84.0 is now the current GA release in the 5.6 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
- A new string variable version_suffix allows to change suffix for the Percona Server version string returned by the read-only version variable. This allows to append the version number for the server with a custom suffix to reflect some build or configuration specifics. Also version_comment (default value of which is taken from the CMake COMPILATION_COMMENT option) is converted from a global read-only to a global read-write variable and thereby it is now cutomizable.
- Query response time plugin now can be disabled at session level with use of a new variable query_response_time_session_stats.
- Compilation warning was fixed for -DWITH_QUERY_RESPONSE_TIME=ON CMake compilation option, which makes QRT to be linked statically. Bug fixed #3841.
- A code clean-up was done to fix clang 6 specific compilation warnings and errors (bug fixed #3893, upstream #90111).
- Using -DWITHOUT_<PLUGIN>=ON CMake variable to exclude a plugin from the build didn’t work for some plugins, including a number of storage engines. Bug fixed #3901.
- A clean-up in Percona Server binlog-related code was made to avoid uninitialized memory comparison. Bug fixed #3925 (upstream #90238).
- Temporary file I/O was not instrumented for Performance Schema. Bug fixed #3937 (upstream #90264).
- A key_block_size value was set automatically by the Improved MEMORY Storage Engine, which resulted in warnings when changing the engine type to InnoDB, and constantly growing key_block_size during alter operations. Bugs fixed #3936, #3940, and #3943.
- Percona Server Debian packages description included reference to /etc/mysql/my.cnf file, which is not actually present in these packages. Bug fixed #2046.
- Fixes were introduced to remove GCC 8 compilation warnings for the Percona Server build, retaining compatibility with old compiler versions, including GCC 4.4. Bugs fixed #3950 and #4471.
- A typo in plugin.cmake file prevented to compile plugins statically into the server. Bug fixed #3871 (upstream #89766).
- -DWITH_NUMA=ON build option was silently ignored by CMake when NUMA development package was not installed, instead of exiting by error. Bug fixed #4487.
- Variables innodb_buffer_pool_populate and numa_interleave mapped to the upstream innodb_numa_interleave variable in 5.6.27-75.0 were reverted to their original implementation due to upstream variant being less effective in memory allocation. Now buffer pool is allocated with MAP_POPULATE, forcing NUMA interleaved allocation at the buffer pool initialization time. Bug fixed #3967.
- audit_log_include_accounts variable did not take effect if placed in my.cnf configuration file, while still working as intended if set dynamically. Bug fixed #3867.
- Synchronization between between innodb_kill_idle_transaction and kill_idle_transaction system variables was broken because of the regression in Percona Server 5.6.40-83.2. Bug fixed #3955.
- Executing the SHOW GLOBAL STATUS expression could cause “data drift” on global status variables in case of a query rollback: the variable, being by its nature a counter and allowing only an increase, could return to its previous value. Bug fixed #3951 (upstream #90351).
- ALTER TABLE … COMMENT = … statement caused TokuDB to rebuild the whole table, which is not needed, as only FRM metadata should be changed. The fix was provided as a contribution by Fungo Wang. Bugs fixed #4280 and #4292.
- A number of Percona Server 8.0 TokuDB fixes have been backported to Percona Server 5.6 in preparation for using MySQL 8.0. Bugs fixed #4379, #4380, #4387, #4378, #4383, #4384, #4386, #4382, #4391, #4390, #4392, and #4381.
TokuDB Changes and Fixes
- Two new variables, tokudb_enable_fast_update and tokudb_enable_fast_upsert, were introduced to facilitate the TokuDB fast updates feature, which involves queries optimization to avoid random reads during their execution. Bug fixed #4365.
- A data race was fixed in minicron utility of the PerconaFT, as a contribution by Rik Prohaska. Bug fixed #4281.
- Row count and cardinality decrease to zero took place after long-running REPLACE load, ending up with full table scans for any action.
Other Bugs Fixed
- #3818 “Orphaned file mysql-test/suite/innodb/r/percona_innodb_kill_idle_trx.result”
- #3926 “Potentially truncated bitmap file name in log_online_open_bitmap_file_read_only() (storage/innobase/log/log0online.cc)”
- #2204 “Test main.audit_log_default_db is unstable”
- #3767 “Fix compilation warnings/errors with clang”
- #3773 “Incorrect key file for table frequently for tokudb”
- #3794 “MTR test main.percona_show_temp_tables_stress does not wait for events to start”
- #3798 “MTR test innodb.percona_extended_innodb_status fails if InnoDB status contains unquoted special characters”
- #3887 “TokuDB does not compile with -DWITH_PERFSCHEMA_STORAGE_ENGINE=OFF”
- #4388 “5.7 code still has TOKU_INCLUDE_OPTION_STRUCTS which is a MariaDB specific construct”
- #4265 “TDB-114 (Change use of MySQL HASH to unordered_map) introduces memory leak”
- #4277 “memory leaks in TDB-2 and TDB-89 tests”
- #4276 “Data race on cache table attributes detected by the thread sanitizer”
- #4451 “Implement better compression algo testing”
- #4469 “variable use out of scope bug in get_last_key test detected by ASAN in clang 6”
- #4470 “the cachetable-simple-pin-nonblocking-cheap test occasionally fails due to a locking conflict with the cachetable evictor”
- #1131 “User_var_log_event::User_var_log_event(const char*, uint, const Format_description_log_event*): Assertion `(bytes_read == (data_written – ((old_pre_checksum_fd || (description_event->checksum_alg == BINLOG_CHECKSUM_ALG_OFF)) ? 0 : 4))) || ((“.