Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.21-29.26 Is Now AvailableDmitriy Kostiuk
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.21-29.26 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.21
- Galera/Codership WSREP API Release 5.7.21
- Galera Replication library 3.23
Starting from now, Percona XtraDB Cluster issue tracking system is moved from launchpad to JIRA. All Percona software is open-source and free.
- PXC-2039: Node consistency was compromised for
INSERT INTO ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATEworkload because the regression introduced in Percona XtraDB Cluster
5.7.17-29.20made it possible to abort local transactions without further re-evaluation in case of a lock conflict.
- PXC-2054 Redo optimized DDL operations (like sorted index build) were not blocked in case of a running backup process, leading to SST failure. To fix this,
--lock-ddloption blocks now all DDL during the xtrabackup backup stage.
- General code improvement was made in the GTID event handling, when events are captured as a part of the slave replication and appended to the Galera replicated write-set. This fixed PXC-2041 (starting async slave on a single node Percona XtraDB Cluster led to a crash) and PXC-2058 (binlog-based master-slave replication broke the cluster) caused by the incorrect handling in the GTID append logic.
An issue caused by non-coincidence between the order of recovered transaction and the global seqno assigned to the transaction was fixed ensuring that the updated recovery wsrep coordinates are persisted.
- PXC-904: Replication filters were not working with account management statements like
CREATE USERin case of Galera replication; as a result, such commands were blocked by the replication filters on async slave nodes but not on Galera ones.
- PXC-2043: SST script was trying to use pv (the pipe viewer) for
rlimitoptions even on nodes with no pv installed, resulting in SST fail instead of just ignoring these options for inappropriate nodes.
- PXC-911: When node’s own IP address was defined in the
wsrep_cluster_addressvariable, the node was receiving “no messages seen in” warnings from its own IP address in the info log.
This release also contains fixes for the following CVE issues: CVE-2018-2565, CVE-2018-2573, CVE-2018-2576, CVE-2018-2583, CVE-2018-2586, CVE-2018-2590, CVE-2018-2612, CVE-2018-2600, CVE-2018-2622, CVE-2018-2640, CVE-2018-2645, CVE-2018-2646, CVE-2018-2647, CVE-2018-2665, CVE-2018-2667, CVE-2018-2668, CVE-2018-2696, CVE-2018-2703, CVE-2017-3737.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!