Percona Server 5.7.21-20¶
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.21 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.21-20 is now the current GA (Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series. All software developed by Percona is open-source and free.
- A new string variable
version_suffixallows to change suffix for the Percona Server version string returned by the read-only
version_commentis converted from a global read-only to a global read-write variable.
- A new
keyring_vault_timeoutvariable allows to set the amount of seconds for the Vault server connection timeout. Bug fixed #298.
- mysqld startup script was unable to detect jemalloc library location for preloading, and that prevented starting Percona Server on systemd based machines. Bugs fixed #3784 and #3791.
- There was a problem with fulltext search, which could find a word with punctuation marks in natural language mode only, but not in boolean mode. Bugs fixed #258, #2501 (upstream #86164).
- Build errors were present on FreeBSD (caused by fixing the bug
#255 in Percona Server
5.6.38-83.0) and on MacOS (caused by fixing the bug #264 in Percona Server
5.7.20-19). Bugs fixed #2284 and #2286.
- A bunch of fixes was introduced to remove GCC 7 compilation warnings for the Percona Server build. Bugs fixed #3780 (upstream #89420, #89421, and #89422).
- CMake error took place at compilation with bundled zlib. Bug fixed #302.
- A GCC 7 warning fix introduced regression in Percona Server that led to a wrong SQL query built to access the remote server when Federated storage engine was used. Bug fixed #1134.
- It was possible to enable
encrypt_binlogwith no binary or relay logging enabled. Bug fixed #287.
- Long buffer wait times where occurring on busy servers in case of the
IMPORT TABLESPACEcommand. Bug fixed #276.
- Server queries that contained JSON special characters and were logged by Audit Log Plugin in JSON format caused invalid output due to lack of escaping. Bug fixed #1115.
- Percona Server now uses Travis CI for additional tests. Bug fixed #3777.
This release also contains fixes for the following CVE issues: CVE-2018-2565, CVE-2018-2573, CVE-2018-2576, CVE-2018-2583, CVE-2018-2586, CVE-2018-2590, CVE-2018-2612, CVE-2018-2600, CVE-2018-2622, CVE-2018-2640, CVE-2018-2645, CVE-2018-2646, CVE-2018-2647, CVE-2018-2665, CVE-2018-2667, CVE-2018-2668, CVE-2018-2696, CVE-2018-2703, CVE-2017-3737.
- A new behavior makes Percona Server fail to restart on detected data
rocksdb_allow_to_start_after_corruptionvariable can be passed to
mysqldas a command line parameter to switch off this restart failure.
- A new cmake option
ALLOW_NO_SSE42was introduced to allow MyRocks build on hosts not supporting SSE 4.2 instructions set, which makes MyRocks usable without FastCRC32-capable hardware. Bug fixed MYR-207.
rocksdb_wal_bytes_per_syncvariables were turned into dynamic ones.
rocksdb_flush_memtable_on_analyzevariable has been removed.
rocksdb_concurrent_prepareis now deprecated, as it has been renamed in upstream to
rocksdb_row_lock_wait_timeoutsglobal status counters were added to track the number of deadlocks and the number of row lock wait timeouts.
- Creating table with string indexed column to non-binary collation now generates warning about using inefficient collation instead of error. Bug fixed MYR-223.
- A memory leak was fixed in the PerconaFT library, caused by not destroying PFS key objects on shutdown. Bug fixed TDB-98.
- A clang-format configuration was added to PerconaFT and TokuDB. Bug fixed TDB-104.
- A data race was fixed in minicron utility of the PerconaFT. Bug fixed TDB-107.
- Row count and cardinality decrease to zero took place after long-running