The conference session schedule for the seventh annual Percona Live 2018 Open Source Database Conference, taking place April 23-25 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA is now live and available for review! Advance Registration Discounts can be purchased through March 4, 2018, 11:30 p.m. PST.
Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018 is the premier open source database event. With a theme of “Championing Open Source Databases,” the conference will feature multiple tracks, including MySQL, MongoDB, Cloud, PostgreSQL, Containers and Automation, Monitoring and Ops, and Database Security. Once again, Percona will be offering a low-cost database 101 track for beginning users who want to start learning how to use and operate open source databases.
Major areas of focus at the conference include:
- Database operations and automation at scale, featuring speakers from Facebook, Slack, Github and more
- Databases in the cloud – how database-as-a-service (DBaaS) is changing the DB Landscape, featuring speakers from AWS, Microsoft, Alibaba and more
- Security and compliance – how GDPR and other government regulations are changing the way we manage databases, featuring speakers from Fastly, Facebook, Pythian, Percona and more
- Bridging the gap between developers and DBAs – finding common ground, featuring speakers from Square, Oracle, Percona and more
Conference Session Schedule
Conference sessions take place April 24-25 and will feature 90+ in-depth talks by industry experts related to each of the key areas. Several sessions from Oracle and Percona will focus on how the new features and enhancements in the upcoming release of MySQL 8.0 will impact businesses. Conference session examples include:
- What Are the Main New Key Features in MySQL 8.0? – Geir Høydalsvik, Oracle
- Securing Access to Facebook’s Databases – Andrew Regner, Facebook
- Designing and Launching the Next-Generation Database System @ Slack: Whiteboard to Production – Guido Iaquinti, Slack
- MongoDB for a High Volume Logistics Application – Eric Potvin, Shipwire
- MongoDB Cluster Topology, Management and Optimization – Steven Wang, Tesla
- MySQL at Scale at Square – Daniel Nichter, Square
- How Microsoft Built MySQL, PostgreSQL and MariaDB for the Cloud – Jun Su, Microsoft
- Tuning PostgreSQL for High-Write Workloads – Grant McAlister, Amazon Web Services
- Containerizing Databases at New Relic: What We Learned – Joshua Galbraith and Bryant Vinisky, New Relic
- GDPR and Security Compliance for the DBA – Tyler Duzan and Jeff Sandstrom, Percona
- MySQL at Twitter: No More Forkin’ – Migrating to MySQL Community version – Ronald Ramon Francisco and Jojo Antonio, Twitter
- Database Security as a Function: Scaling to Your Organization’s Needs – Laine Campbell, Fastly
- Securing Your Data on PostgreSQL – Payal Singh, OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
- MySQL Performance Optimization and Troubleshooting with Percona Monitoring and Management – Peter Zaitsev, Percona
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship details.
- Diamond Sponsors – Continuent, VividCortex
- Platinum – Microsoft
- Gold Sponsors – Facebook, Grafana
- Bronze Sponsors – Altinity, BlazingDB, SolarWinds, Timescale, TwinDB, Yelp
- Other Sponsors – cPanel
- Media Sponsors – Database Trends & Applications, Datanami, EnterpriseTech, HPCWire, ODBMS.org, Packt
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara & The Santa Clara Convention Center
Percona Live 2018 Open Source Database Conference is held at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara & The Santa Clara Convention Center, at 5101 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054.
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara & The Santa Clara Convention Center is a prime location in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Enjoy this spacious venue with complimentary wifi, on-site expert staff and three great restaurants. You can reserve a room by booking through the Hyatt’s dedicated Percona Live reservation site.
Book your hotel using Percona’s special room block rate!