Percona announces the release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.38-83.0 on December 8, 2017. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or the Percona Software Repositories. You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Based on MySQL 5.6.38, and including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.38-83.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server for MySQL 5.6 series. Percona Server for MySQL is open-source and free – this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release are available in the 5.6.38-83.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server has implemented InnoDB Page Fragmentation Counters.
- Percona Server has implemented support for Multiple page asynchronous I/O requests This feature was ported from a Facebook MySQL patch.
- Percona Server has implemented TokuDB integration with
- Percona Server packages are now available for Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful).
- Dynamic row format feature to support
MEMORYtables requires all the key columns to come before any
BLOBcolumns. This requirement however was not enforced, allowing creating
MEMORYtables in unsupported column configurations, which then crashed or lose data in usage. Bug fixed #1731483.
- If an I/O syscall returned an error during the server shutdown with Thread Pool enabled, a mutex could be left locked. Bug fixed #1702330 (Daniel Black).
- After fixing bug #1668602, bug #1539504, and bug #1313901,
CREATE/DROP TEMPORARY TABLEstatements were forbidden incorrectly in transactional contexts, including function and trigger calls, even when they required no binary logging at all. Bug fixed #1711781.
ANALYZE TABLEwhile a long-running query is accessing the same table in parallel could lead to a situation where new queries on the same table are blocked in a Waiting for table flush state. Fixed by stopping
ANALYZE TABLEflushing affected InnoDB and TokuDB tables from the table definition cache. Bug fixed #1704195 (upstream #87065).
- MyRocks additions to the 5.6
mysqldumpoutput have been removed.
CREATE TABLE ... LIKE ...did not use source
row_formaton target TokuDB table. Bug fixed #76.
- TokuDB would encode already encoded database name for a directory name. Bug fixed #74.