Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, it drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- Packages are now available for Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful).
xbcryptnow can decrypt files in parallel by specifying the number of threads with the
--copy-backoption can now be used with
--paralleloption to copy the user data files in parallel (redo logs and system tablespaces are copied in the main thread).
- Percona XtraBackup would fail to backup large databases on 32-bit platforms. Bug fixed #1602537.
- Percona XtraBackup failed to build with GCC 7. Bug fixed #1681721.
- Percona XtraBackup would hang during the prepare phase if there was not enough room in log buffer to accommodate checkpoint information at the end of the crash recovery process. Bug fixed #1705383.
- When backup was streamed in tar format with the
--slave-infooption, output file
xtrabackup_slave_infodid not contain the slave information. Bug fixed #1707918.
--slave-infooption was used while backing up 5.7 instances, the master binary log coordinates were not properly displayed in the logs. Bug fixed #1711010.
innobackupex --slave-infowould report a single
slave infoin the standard output. Bug fixed #1727920.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash while preparing the 5.5 backup with
utf8_general50_cicollation. Bug fixed #1533722 (Fungo Wang).
- Percona XtraBackup would crash if
--throttleoption was used while preparing backups. Fixed by making this option available only during the backup process. Bug fixed #1691093.
- Percona XtraBackup could get stuck if backups are taken with
--safe-slave-backupoption, while there were long-running queries. Bug fixed #1717158.