Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, it drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
- Packages are now available for Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful).
xbcryptnow can decrypt files in parallel by specifying the number of threads with the
- Percona XtraBackup
--copy-backoption can now be used with
--paralleloption to copy the user data files in parallel (redo logs and system tablespaces are copied in the main thread).
- Percona XtraBackup failed to build with GCC 7. Bug fixed #1681721.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash while preparing the 5.5 backup with
utf8_general50_cicollation. Bug fixed #1533722 (Fungo Wang).
- Percona XtraBackup would crash if
--throttlewas used while preparing backups. Fixed by making this option available only during the backup process. Bug fixed #1691093.
- Percona XtraBackup could get stuck if backups are taken with
--safe-slave-backupoption, while there were long-running queries. Bug fixed #1717158.