Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- To avoid issues with MySQL 5.7 skipping redo log for DDL Percona XtraBackup has implemented three new options (
--lock-ddl-per-table) that can be used to place MDL locks on tables while they are copied.
--check-privilegesoption has been implemented that can be used to check if Percona XtraBackup has all required privileges to perform the backup.
- xtrabackup would hang with
Waiting for master thread to be suspendedmessage when backup was being prepared. Bug fixed #1671437.
- xtrabackup would fail to prepare the backup with
6th page is not initializedmessage in case server didn’t properly initialize the page. Bug fixed #1671722.
- xbstream could run out of file descriptors while extracting the backup which contains many tables. Bug fixed #1690823.
- When a table was created with the
DATA DIRECTORYoption xtrabackup would back up the
.islfiles, but not the
.ibdfile. Due to the missing
.ibdfiles backup then could not be restored. Bug fixed #1701736.
- Percona XtraBackup incorrectly determined use of
master_auto_postionon a slave, and thus generated invalid
xtrabackup_slave_infofile. Bug fixed #1705193.
- Percona XtraBackup will now print a warning if it encounters unsupported storage engine. Bug fixed #1394493.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash while backing up MariaDB 10.2.x with
--ftwrl-*options. Bug fixed #1704636.
--slave-infodidn’t write the correct information into
xtrabackup_slave_infofile when multi-source replication was used. Bug fixed #1551634.
- Along with
xtrabackup_checkpintsfile, xtrabackup now copies
xtrabackup_infofile into directory specified by
--extra-lsndiroption. Bug fixed #1600656.
- GTID position was not recorded when
--binlog-infooption was set to
AUTO. Bug fixed #1651505.