Please join Percona’s solution engineer, Dimitri Vanoverbeke as he presents Online MySQL Backups with Percona XtraBackup on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:00 am PDT / 10:00 am EDT (UTC-7).
Percona XtraBackup is a free, open source, complete online backup solution for all versions of Percona Server, MySQL® and MariaDB®. Percona XtraBackup provides:
- Fast and reliable backups
- Uninterrupted transaction processing during backups
- Savings on disk space and network bandwidth with better compression
- Automatic backup verification
- Higher uptime due to faster restore time
This webinar will discuss the different features of Percona XtraBackup, including:
- Full and incremental backups
- Compression, streaming, and encryption of backups
- Backing up to the cloud (swift)
- Percona XtraDB Cluster / Galera Cluster
- Percona Server specific features
- MySQL 5.7 support
- Tools that use Percona XtraBackup
At the age of seven, Dimitri received his first computer. Since then he has felt addicted to anything with a digital pulse. Dimitri has been active in IT professionally since 2003, when he took various roles from internal system engineering to consulting. Prior to joining Percona, Dimitri worked as a consultant for a leading open source software consulting firm in Belgium. During his career, Dimitri has become familiar with a broad range of open source solutions and with the devops philosophy. Whenever he’s not glued to his computer screen, he enjoys traveling, cultural activities, basketball and the great outdoors.