Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- Percona XtraBackup now uses hardware accelerated implementation of
crc32where it is supported.
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented new options:
--databases-excludethat work similar to
--databasesoptions, but exclude given names/paths from backup.
- The xbstream binary now supports parallel extraction with the
- The xbstream binary now supports following new options:
--decryptoption is specified xbstream will automatically decrypt encrypted files when extracting input stream. Either
--encrypt-key-fileoptions must be specified to provide encryption key, but not both. Option
--encrypt-threadsspecifies the number of worker threads doing the encryption, default is
- Backups were missing
*.islfiles for general tablespace. Bug fixed #1658692.
- In 5.7, MySQL changed default checksum algorithm to
crc32, while xtrabackup was using
innodb. This caused xtrabackup to perform extra checksum calculations which were not needed. Bug fixed #1664405.
- For system tablespaces consisting of multiple files xtrabackup updated LSN only in first file. This caused MySQL versions lower than 5.7 to fail on startup. Bug fixed #1669592.
xtrabackup --exportcan now export tables that have more than 31 index. Bug fixed #1089681.
Unrecognized character x01; marked by message could be seen if backups were taken with the version check enabled. Bug fixed #1651978.