Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
- Percona XtraBackup now uses hardware accelerated implementation of
crc32where it is supported.
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented new options:
--databases-excludethat work similar to
--databasesoptions, but exclude given names/paths from backup.
- The xbstream binary now supports parallel extraction with the
- The xbstream binary now supports following new options:
--decryptoption is specified xbstream will automatically decrypt encrypted files when extracting input stream. Either
--encrypt-key-fileoptions must be specified to provide encryption key, but not both. Option
--encrypt-threadsspecifies the number of worker threads doing the encryption, default is
- xtrabackup would not create fresh InnoDB redo logs when preparing incremental backup. Bug fixed #1669592.
xtrabackup --exportcan now export tables that have more than 31 index. Bug fixed #1089681.
Unrecognized character x01; marked by message could be seen if backups were taken with the version check enabled. Bug fixed #1651978.