Percona XtraBackup 2.3.6 is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports
SHA256passwords. Using the
SHA256algorithm requires either SSL encrypted connection, or using public key encryption for password exchange which is only available when both client and server are linked with OpenSSL.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports Command Options for Secure Connections.
xbcryptformat changes, backups encrypted with this Percona XtraBackup version will not be recoverable by older versions.
- Fixed intermittent assertion failures that were happening when Percona XtraBackup couldn’t correctly identify server version. Bug fixed #1568009.
- Safe slave backup algorithm performed too short delays between retries which could cause backups to fail on a busy servers. Bug fixed #1624473.
- Fixed new compilation warnings with GCC 6. Bug fixed #1641612.
xbcryptwas not setting the Initialization Vector (IV) correctly (and thus is was not using an IV). This was causing the same ciphertext to be generated across different runs (for the same message/same key). The IV provides the extra randomness to ensure that the same ciphertext is not generated across runs. Bug fixed #1643949.
- Backup would still succeed even if XtraBackup would fail to write the metadata. Bug fixed #1623210.
- xbcloud now supports EMC ECS Swift API Authorization requests. Bugs fixed #1638017 and #1638020 (Txomin Barturen).
- Percona XtraBackup would fail to backup MariaDB 10.2 with the
unsupported server versionerror message. Bug fixed #1602842.