Based on MySQL 5.6.30, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.30-76.3 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.30-76.3 milestone on Launchpad.
- When Read Free Replication was enabled for TokuDB, and there was no explicit primary key for the replicated TokuDB table, there could be duplicated records in the table on update operation. The fix disables Read Free Replication for tables without an explicit primary key and does rows lookup for
DELETEbinary log events and issues warning. Bug fixed #1536663 (#950).
- Attempting to execute a non-existing prepared statement with Response Time Distribution plugin enabled could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1538019.
- TokuDB was using using different memory allocators; this was causing
safemallocwarnings in debug builds and crashes because memory accounting didn’t add up. Bug fixed #1546538 (#962).
- Fixed heap allocator/deallocator mismatch in Metrics for scalability measurement. Bug fixed #1581051.
- Percona Server is now built with system
zliblibrary instead of the older bundled one. Bug fixed #1108016.
- Reduced the memory overhead per page in the InnoDB buffer pool. The fix was based on Facebook patch #91e979e. Bug fixed #1536693 (upstream #72466).
CREATE TABLE ... LIKE ...could create a system table with an unsupported enforced engine. Bug fixed #1540338.
- Change buffer merge could throttle to 5% of I/O capacity on an idle server. Bug fixed #1547525.
Slave_open_temp_tableswould fail to decrement on the slave with a disabled binary log if the master was killed. Bug fixed #1567361.
- The server will now show a more descriptive error message when Percona Server fails with
errno == 22 "Invalid argument", if
innodb_flush_methodwas set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1578604.
- Killed connection threads could get their sockets closed twice on shutdown. Bug fixed #1580227.
LeakSanitizerenabled was failing at
gen_lex_hashinvocation. Bug fixed #1580993 (upstream #80014).
apt-cache showcommand for
innotopincluded as part of the package. Bug fixed #1201074.
mysql-systemdwould fail with PAM authentication and proxies due to a regression introduced when fixing #1534825 in Percona Server 5.6.29-76.2. Bug fixed #1558312.
- Upgrade logic for figuring if TokuDB upgrade can be performed from the version on disk to the current version was broken due to a regression introduced when fixing bug #684 in Percona Server 5.6.27-75.0. Bug fixed #717.
ALTER TABLEwas run while
tokudb_auto_analyzevariable was enabled it would trigger auto-analysis, which could lead to a server crash if
ALTER TABLE DROP KEYwas used because it would be operating on the old table/key meta-data. Bug fixed #945.
- The TokuDB storage engine with
1is safe to use in all conditions. On
REPLACE INTO, it tests to see if triggers exist on the table, or replication is active with
!BINLOG_FORMAT_STMTbefore it allows the optimization. If either of these conditions is met, then it falls back to the “safe” operation of looking up the target row first. Bug fixed #952.
- Bug in TokuDB Index Condition Pushdown was causing
ORDER BY DESCto reverse the scan outside of the
WHEREbounds. This would cause a query to hang in a
sending datastate for several minutes in some environments with large amounts of data (3 billion records) if the
ORDER BY DESCstatement was used. Bugs fixed #988, #233, and #534.
Other bugs fixed: #1399562 (upstream #75112), #1510564 (upstream #78981), #1496282 (#964), #1496786 (#956), #1566790, #1552673, #1567247, #1567869, #718, #914, #970, #971, #972, #976, #977, #981, #637, and #982.