Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented new
--reencrypt-for-server-idoption. Using this option allows users to start the server instance with different
server_idfrom the one the encrypted backup was taken from, like a replication slave or a Galera node. When this option is used, xtrabackup will, as a prepare step, generate a new master key with ID based on the new
server_id, store it into keyring file and re-encrypt the tablespace keys inside of tablespace headers.
- Running DDL statements on Percona Server 5.7 during the backup process could in some cases lead to failure while preparing the backup. Bug fixed #1555626.
- MySQL 5.7 can sometimes skip redo logging when creating an index. If such
ALTER TABLEis being issued during the backup, the backup would be inconsistent. xtrabackup will now abort with an error message if such
ALTER TABLEhas been done during the backup. Bug fixed #1582345.
.ibdfiles for remote tablespaces were not copied back to the original location pointed by the
.islfiles. Bug fixed #1555423.
- When called with insufficient parameters, like specifying the empty
--defaults-fileoption, Percona XtraBackup could crash. Bug fixed #1566228.
- The documentation states that the default value for –ftwrl-wait-query-type is
all, however it was
update. Changed the default value to reflect the documentation. Bug fixed #1566315.
- When –keyring-file-data option was specified, but no keyring file was found, xtrabackup would create an empty one instead of reporting an error. Bug fixed #1578607.
ALTER INSTANCE ROTATE INNODB MASTER KEYwas run at the same time when
xtrabackup --backupwas bootstrapping it could catch a moment when the key was not written into the keyring file yet and xtrabackup would overwrite the keyring with the old copy of a keyring, so the new key would be lost. Bug fixed #1582601.
- The output of the
--slave-infooption was missing an apostrophe. Bug fixed #1573371.