Based on MySQL 5.6.27, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.27-75.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.27-75.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server is now available for Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily).
- TokuDB MTR tests have been integrated into Percona Server.
- Linux thread ID is now available in the
- Percona Server has now re-enabled savepoints in triggers and stored functions.
numa_interleavehave been mapped to the upstream implementation of the new
- Fixed transactional inconsistency with rollback in TokuDB. Rolling back a large transaction with many inserts/updates/deletes could result in some of the changes being committed rather than rolled back. Bug fixed #1512455.
tokudb_backup_excludewas not excluding files correctly. Bug fixed #1512457.
- TokuDB could crash under load if transaction-isolation level
READ-COMMITTEDwas used. Bug fixed #1501633.
- TokuDB thread pool names were missing in the
SHOW ENGINE tokudb STATUSwhich caused duplicate entries. Bug fixed #1512452.
- Manipulating the
innodb_track_redo_log_nowvariable dynamically would crash the server if it was started without innodb_track_changed_pages enabled. This variable is available on debug builds only. Bug fixed #1368530.
- If the user had duplicate pid-file options in config files when running
yum upgrade, the upgrade would stop with error because it would think it found the duplicate pid while it was the same pid specified twice. Bug fixed #1454917.
- On some filesystems server would not start if XtraDB changed page tracking feature was enabled and
innodb_flush_methodvariable was set to
O_DIRECT. Bugs fixed #1500720 and #1498891.
- When User Statistics are enabled, executing any statement of the SHOW family with non-empty result, would bump USER_STATISTICS.
ROWS_FETCHEDcolumn values erroneously. Bug fixed #1510953.
- A write operation with
innodb_fake_changesenabled could cause a server assertion if it followed the pessimistic B-tree update path internally. Bug fixed #1192898.
- An online DDL operation could have caused server crash with fake changes enabled. Bug fixed #1226532.
- Fixed the conflicting meta packages between 5.1, 5.5, and 5.6 release series in Debian and Ubuntu distributions.
percona-server-clientmeta packages now point to the latest 5.6 release. Bug fixed #1292517.
INNODB_CHANGED_PAGEStable was unavailable with non-default
innodb_data_home_dirsetting if the variable had a trailing slash. Bug fixed #1364315.
innodb_fake_changesvariable value in the middle of a transaction would have an immediate effect, that is, making part of the transaction run with fake changes enabled and the rest with fake changes disabled, resulting in a broken transaction. Fixed by making any
innodb_fake_changesvalue changes becoming effective at the start of the next transaction instead of the next statement. Bug fixed #1395579.
UPDATEstatement could crash the server with Support for Fake Changes enabled. Bug fixed #1395706.
- Startup would fail due to a small hard-coded timeout value in the init script for the pid file to appear. This has been fixed by creating default file for Debian init script timeout parameters in
etc/default/mysql. Bug fixed #1434022.
tokudb-backup-pluginwas missing Valgrind dependency. Bug fixed #1494283.
- Percona Server would fail to install on CentOS 7 if
mariadb-develpackage was already installed. Bug fixed #1499721.
- Fixed suboptimal Support for Fake Changes handling in online
ALTERstorage engine API. Bug fixed #1204422.
- The upstream bug #76627 was not fixed for the
ALL_O_DIRECTcase. Bug fixed #1500741.
- Fixed multiple TokuDB
clangbuild issues. Bug fixed #1512449.