Percona XtraBackup 2.2.12 is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- Percona XtraBackup would segfault during the prepare phase of certain
FTSpages. Bug fixed #1460138.
- Fixed compilation error due to missing dependency caused by the upstream bug #77226. Bug fixed #1461129.
- Regression introduced by fixing a bug #1403237 in Percona XtraBackup 2.2.8 could cause xtrabackup to read a redo log from incorrect offset which would cause an assertion. Bug fixed #1464608.
- Fixed uninitialized
current_thdthread-local variable. This also completely fixes bug #1415191. Bug fixed #1467574.
- After the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.2.11, innobackupex issues a
FLUSH TABLEbefore running the
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. While it will help the backups in some situation, it also implies that the
FLUSH TABLEwill be written to the binary log. On MariaDB 10.0 with GTID enabled, when backup was taken on the slave, this altered the GTID of that slave and Percona XtraBackup didn’t see the correct GTID anymore. Bug fixed #1466446 (Julien Pivotto).
- RPM compilation of Percona XtraBackup was still requiring
bzr. Bug fixed #1466888 (Julien Pivotto).
- Compiling Percona XtraBackup RPMs with
XB_VERSION_EXTRAoption would create an incorrect RPM version. Bug fixed #1467424 (Julien Pivotto).
- Percona XtraBackup would complete successfully even when redo log wasn’t copied completely. This means that backup were considered successful even when they were corrupt. Bug fixed #1470847.
- In rare cases when there are two or more tablespaces with the same ID in the data directory, xtrabackup picks up the first one by lexical order, which could lead to losing the correct table. Bug fixed #1475487.
- Percona XtraBackup was missing
revision_idin binaries. Bug fixed #1394174.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.2.12 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.