Based on MySQL 5.6.25, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.25-73.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.25-73.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server has implemented support for PROXY protocol. The implementation is based on a patch developed by Thierry Fournier.
- Symlinks to
libmysqlclientlibraries were missing on CentOS 6. Bug fixed #1408500.
- RHEL/CentOS 6.6 OpenSSL package (
1.0.1e-30.el6_6.9), containing a fix for CVE-2015-4000, changed the DH key sizes to a minimum of 768 bits. This caused an issue for MySQL as it uses 512 bit keys. Fixed by backporting an upstream 5.7 fix that increases the key size to 2048 bits. Bug fixed #1462856 (upstream #77275).
- Some compressed InnoDB data pages could be mistakenly considered corrupted, crashing the server. Bug fixed #1467760 (upstream #73689) Justin Tolmer.
- innochecksum would fail to check tablespaces in compressed format. The fix for this bug has been ported from Facebook MySQL 5.6 patch. Bug fixed #1100652 (upstream #66779).
- Using concurrent
LOAD DATA REPLACEor
INSERT ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATEstatements in the
READ COMMITTEDisolation level or with the
innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlogoption enabled could lead to a unique-key constraint violation. Bug fixed #1308016 (upstream #76927).
SHOW BINLOG EVENTSwith an invalid starting binlog position would cause a potentially misleading message in the server error log. Bug fixed #1409652 (upstream #75480).
- While using
max_slowlog_size, the slow query log was rotated every time slow query log was enabled, not really checking if the current slow log is indeed bigger than
max_slowlog_sizeor not. Bug fixed #1416582.
- Fixed possible server assertions when Backup Locks are used. Bug fixed #1432494.
query_response_time_range_basevariable was set as a command line option or in a configuration file, its value would not take effect until the first flush was made. Bug fixed #1453277 (Preston Bennes).
mysqld_safescript is now searching for
libjemalloc.so.1library, needed by TokuDB, in the basedir directory as well. Bug fixed #1462338.
- Prepared XA transactions could cause a debug assertion failure during the shutdown. Bug fixed #1468326.
log_slow_sp_statementsnow supports skipping the logging of stored procedures into the slow log entirely with new
OFF_NO_CALLSoption. Bug fixed #1432846.
- TokuDB HotBackup library is now automatically loaded with
mysqld_safescript. Bug fixed #1467443.