Percona Server 5.6.24-72.2 is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Based on MySQL 5.6.24, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.24-72.2 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.24-72.2 milestone on Launchpad.
- TokuDB storage engine package has been updated to version 7.5.7.
- A server binary as distributed in binary tarballs could fail to load on different systems due to an unsatisfied
libssl.so.6dynamic library dependency. This was fixed by replacing the single binary tarball with multiple tarballs depending on the OpenSSL library available in the distribution: 1) ssl100 – for all Debian/Ubuntu versions except Squeeze/Lucid (
libssl.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0x00007f2e389a5000)); 2) ssl098 – only for Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu Lucid (
libssl.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 (0x00007f9b30db6000)); 3) ssl101 – for CentOS 6 and CentOS 7 (
libssl.so.10 => /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10 (0x00007facbe8c4000)); 4) ssl098e – to be used only for CentOS 5 (
libssl.so.6 => /lib64/libssl.so.6 (0x00002aed5b64d000)). Bug fixed #1172916.
- Executing a stored procedure containing a subquery would leak memory. Bug fixed #1380985 (upstream #76349).
- A slave server restart could cause a
1755slave SQL thread error if multi-threaded slave was enabled. This is a regression introduced by fix for bug #1331586 in 5.6.21-70.0. Bug fixed #1380985.
- A string literal containing an invalid UTF-8 sequence could be treated as falsely equal to a UTF-8 column value with no invalid sequences. This could cause invalid query results. Bug fixed #1247218 by a fix ported from MariaDB (MDEV-7649).
- Percona Server
.debbinaries were built without fast mutexes. Bug fixed #1433980.
- Installing or uninstalling the Audit Log Plugin would crash the server if the audit_log_file variable was pointing to an inaccessible path. Bug fixed #1435606.
- The audit_log_file would point to random memory area if the Audit Log Plugin was not loaded into server, and then installed with
INSTALL PLUGIN, and
my.cnfcontained audit_log_file setting. Bug fixed #1437505.
- A specific trigger execution on the master server could cause a slave assertion error under row-based replication. The trigger would satisfy the following conditions: 1) it sets a savepoint; 2) it declares a condition handler which releases this savepoint; 3) the trigger execution passes through the condition handler. Bug fixed #1438990 (upstream #76727).
- Percona Server client packages were built with with EditLine instead of Readline. This was causing history file produced by the client no longer easy to read. Further, a client built with EditLine could display incorrectly on PuTTY SSH client after its window resize. Bugs fixed #1266386, #1296192 and #1332822 (upstream #63130, upstream #72108 and #69991).
- Unlocking a table while holding the backup binlog lock would cause an implicit erroneous backup lock release, and a subsequent server crash or hang at the later explicit backup lock release request. Bug fixed #1371827.
- Initializing slave threads or executing
CHANGE MASTER TOstatement would crash a debug build if autocommit was disabled and at least one of slave info tables were configured as tables. Bug fixed #1393682.