Talking with Percona Live attendees last year I heard a couple of common themes. First, people told me that there is a lot of great advanced content at Percona Live but there is not much for people just starting to learn the ropes with MySQL. Second, they would like us to find a way to make such basic content less expensive.
I’m pleased to say we’re able to accommodate both of these wishes this year at Percona Live! We have created a two-day intensive track called “MySQL 101” that runs April 15-16. MySQL 101 is designed for developers, system administrators and DBAs familiar with other databases but not with MySQL. And of course it’s ideal for anyone else who would like to expand their professional experience to include MySQL. The sessions are designed to lay a solid foundation on many aspects of MySQL development, design and operations.
As for the price: Just $101 for both full days, but only if you are among the first 101 people to register using the promo code “101” at checkout. After that the price returns to $400 (still a great price!). 🙂
The MySQL 101 registration pass includes full access to the Percona Live expo hall (and all the fun stuff happening out there) as well as keynotes, which will inform you about most significant achievements in MySQL ecosystem.
As there is so much information to cover in the MySQL 101 track, we’re running two sessions in parallel – one geared more toward developers using MySQL and the other toward sysadmins and MySQL DBAs, focusing more on database operations. Though I want to point out that you do not have to chose one track to attend exclusively, but rather can mix and match sessions depending what is most relevant to your specific circumstances.
I will be leading a couples tracks myself alongside many other Percona experts who are joining me for those two days!
Here’s a peek at just some of the many classes on the MySQL 101 agenda:
- The 7 deadly sins of MySQL performance
- Introduction to High Availability options for MySQL
- Becoming a DBA for 5 minutes a day: The most important things to know for sysadmins and developers
- Designing Effective Schema for InnoDB
- MySQL Security Basics
- MySQL backups: strategy, tools, recovery scenarios
- Highly efficient MySQL backups
- How to create a useful MySQL bug report
- MySQL & InnoDB fundamentals and configuration
- MySQL indexing best practices
- MySQL query tuning 101
- MySQL replication: setup, benefits, limitations
- Overview of MySQL connectors for PHP
- Practical MySQL troubleshooting and performance optimization
- Running MySQL in OpenStack
- Using MySQL with Java
- Writing High Performance SQL Statements
You can see the full MySQL 101 agenda here. Don’t forget the promo code “101” and please feel free to ask any questions below. I hope to see you in Santa Clara at Percona Live! The conference runs April 13-16 in sunny Santa Clara, California.