Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.15-25.2 first Release Candidate is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Based on Percona Server 5.6.15-63.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 3.2 and on Codership wsrep API 5.6.15-25.2 is now the first RELEASE CANDIDATE release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.15-25.2 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now supports stream compression/decompression with new xtrabackup-sst compressor/decompressor options.
- New wsrep_reject_queries has been implemented that can be used to reject queries for that node. This can be useful if someone wants to manually run maintenance on the node like
mysqldumpwithout need to change the settings on the load balancer.
- XtraBackup SST now supports
innodb_log_home_dirin the configuration file with sst_special_dirs option.
- New wsrep_local_cached_downto status variable has been introduced. This variable shows the lowest sequence number in gcache. This information can be helpful with determining IST and/or SST.
Garbdinit script and configuration files have been packaged for CentOS and Debian, in addition, in Debian
garbdis packaged separately in
grastate.datfile was not getting zeroed appropriately it would lead to RBR error during the IST. Bug fixed #1180791.
init stopscript on CentOS didn’t wait for the server to be fully stopped. This would cause unsuccessful server restart because the start action would fail because the daemon would still be running. Bug fixed #1254153.
DELETE FROMstatement (without
WHEREclause) would crash slaves if master did not have binlogging enabled. Bug fixed #1254179.
- Missing protection for brute force threads against InnoDB lock wait time out would cause applier to fail with
lock wait timeout exceededon rsync SST donor. Bug fixed #1255501.
- Recent optimizations in 3.x branch introduced a regression in base filename construction which could lead big transactions to fail with:
WSREP: Failed to open file '...'. Bug fixed #1255964.
- Joiner node would not initialize storage engines if
rsyncwas used for SST and the first view was non-primary. Bug fixed #1257341.
- Table level lock conflict resolving was releasing the wrong lock. Bug fixed #1257678.
- Resolved the
perldependencies needed for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6. Bug fixed #1258563.
- Obsolete dependencies have been removed from Percona XtraDB Cluster. Bug fixed #1259256.
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTprocess would remain hanging in case it was run in parallel with the
DDLstatement on the selected table. Bug fixed #1164893.
- Naming of the Galera packages have been fixed to avoid the confusion, ie.
Percona-XtraDB-Cluster-galera-3now. Bug fixed #1253923.
rsyncSST for compatibility with
rsyncversion 3.1.0. Bug fixed #1261673.
Note: On CentOS 5/6, those who may have installed deprecated
percona-xtrabackup-20 with Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 due to bug #1226185, the upgrade may fail, the dependency issue has been fixed since then, hence replace
percona-xtrabackup before upgrade.
Release notes for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.15-25.2 are available in our online documentation along with the installation and upgrade instructions. We did our best to eliminate bugs and problems during the testing release, but this is a software, so bugs are expected. If you encounter them, please report them to our bug tracking system.
Percona XtraDB Cluster Errata can be found in our documentation.