Percona Server and XtraBackup for MacOS – experimental binaries

We see demand on MacOS binaries and decided to prepare binaries you can download and use. The are marked as “experimental”, as we do not have big history of using MacOS in production, so we are looking for your feedback and bug reports.

Binaries:

Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.

For general questions, use our Percona Discussions Group, and for development questions our Percona Development Group.

Consulting, support, training, and custom development

Comments

1. awksedgreep says

Thanks for doing this. I don’t think we’ll be using them in production any time soon, but it sure helps with testing on dev/dba workstations and laptops.

‘njoy,
    awk

2. Jonathan says

Thanks for this. We’ll be putting this in production in the coming months, and will pass on anything we find of interest.

3. Vadim Tkachenko says

Caio,

You should be able to compile from source – just grab source .tar.gz

4. Caio James says

Vadim,

Excellent work. Would there be a version that mac users can compile themselves? Or will binary be the only way to distribute the Mac version?

Thanks!

5. Mark says

Hi,
    I am interested too in the MacOSX Version of Percona for my local development.
    Please update the link or give me a hint, how I can compile it myself.

Thanks
    Mark

6. says

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to explain the installation and configuration of the Percona Server. I am on Mac OS X, Mavericks 10.9.5 backup and test client server and I would like to test the Percona Server. I already download the Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0.tar.gz and I already read you advised to install on “/usr/share” and “usr/bin”.

– Did you mean “and” or did you mean “or”? Can I install on “/usr/local”? – Is there a prefix to install the software?
    – What are the commands sequence to install from the terminal. Usually on the Mac, source software installation goes as follows;

1. Download directly from the site to the download directory and unpack it…
    Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0

2. Copying the software from download directory to an installation directory as root;
    [server1~] root# cp -R /Users/server1/Downloads/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0 /usr/share

3. cd to the software directory;
    [server1~] root# cd /usr/share/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0

4. Run the commands;

[server1~] root# ./configure –prefix=/usr/local/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0 \
    make
    make install

– Does the installation of Percona follows the same semantics? …or could you give us the installation steps similar to this. Thanks! E\