Percona Server and XtraBackup for MacOS – experimental binaries

We see demand on MacOS binaries and decided to prepare binaries you can download and use. The are marked as “experimental”, as we do not have big history of using MacOS in production, so we are looking for your feedback and bug reports.

Binaries:

Please report any bugs found at Bugs in Percona Server.

For general questions, use our Percona Discussions Group, and for development questions our Percona Development Group.

Consulting, support, training, and custom development

Comments (11)

• Vadim Tkachenko Reply

DDS

/usr/bin and /usr/share are good to put content from tar.gz

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • DDS Reply

Do I just drop the contents of the xtrabackup-1.6 tarball into /bin and /share?

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • awksedgreep Reply

Thanks for doing this. I don’t think we’ll be using them in production any time soon, but it sure helps with testing on dev/dba workstations and laptops.

‘njoy,
    awk

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • Jonathan Reply

Thanks for this. We’ll be putting this in production in the coming months, and will pass on anything we find of interest.

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • Vadim Tkachenko Reply

Caio,

You should be able to compile from source – just grab source .tar.gz

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • Caio James Reply

Vadim,

Excellent work. Would there be a version that mac users can compile themselves? Or will binary be the only way to distribute the Mac version?

Thanks!

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • Tim Reply

The link for Xtrabackup no longer works for Mac OS X. Was this intentional?

September 1, 2011 at 10:17 am
  • Mark Reply

Hi,
    I am interested too in the MacOSX Version of Percona for my local development.
    Please update the link or give me a hint, how I can compile it myself.

Thanks
    Mark

October 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm
  • Pandora Reply

404 Page Not Found

Oh FUCK!!!

December 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm
  • ebonsi Reply

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to explain the installation and configuration of the Percona Server. I am on Mac OS X, Mavericks 10.9.5 backup and test client server and I would like to test the Percona Server. I already download the Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0.tar.gz and I already read you advised to install on “/usr/share” and “usr/bin”.

– Did you mean “and” or did you mean “or”? Can I install on “/usr/local”? – Is there a prefix to install the software?
    – What are the commands sequence to install from the terminal. Usually on the Mac, source software installation goes as follows;

1. Download directly from the site to the download directory and unpack it…
    Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0

2. Copying the software from download directory to an installation directory as root;
    [server1~] root# cp -R /Users/server1/Downloads/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0 /usr/share

3. cd to the software directory;
    [server1~] root# cd /usr/share/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0

4. Run the commands;

[server1~] root# ./configure –prefix=/usr/local/Percona-Server-5.5.35-rel33.0 \
    make
    make install

– Does the installation of Percona follows the same semantics? …or could you give us the installation steps similar to this. Thanks! E\

June 10, 2015 at 7:27 pm
  • Chu Zhang Reply

The links give “Sorry, Page Not Found”

January 25, 2017 at 2:10 pm