XtraDB storage engine release 1.0.6-9
As of today Release 9 of XtraDB storage engine is available.
The release includes following new features:
- The release is base on 1.0.6 version of InnoDB plugin.
- MySQL 5.1.42 as a base release
- Separate purge thread and LRU dump is implemented (this feature was actually added in Release 8, but somehow it was forgotten)
- New patch innodb_relax_table_creation
- Added extended statistics to slow log
- Adjust defaults with performance intention
- Added parameter to control checkpoint age
- Added recoveryÂ statisticsÂ outputÂ whenÂ crashÂ recoveryÂ (disabledÂ byÂ default)
- Patch to dump and restore innodb_buffer_pool
rename columns and add unique index cause serious inconsistent with mysqld
- Bug #495342: â€œMySQL 5.1.41 + InnoDB 1.0.6 + XtraDB patches extensions-1.0.6, rev. 127 fails to compile on OpenSolarisâ€
- Bug #47621: changeÂ theÂ fixÂ ofÂ http://bugs.mysql.com/47621Â moreÂ reasonable
The builds for RedHat 4, 5 , Debian and Ubuntu are located on https://www.percona.com/mysql/xtradb/5.1.42-9/ . Since Release 9 .tar.gz packages are available for FreeBSD.
There is an RPM Percona-release. It installs Percona.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and the public key which we use to sign RPMs. The copy of the key is located on our web-site.
Once you install Percona-release repo the upgrade becomes as easy as
yum update MySQL-server-percona MySQL-client-percona
The latest source code of XtraDB, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.
Please report any bugs found on Bugs in Percona XtraDB Storage Engine for MySQL.
For general questions use our Pecona-discussions group, and for development question Percona-dev group.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona