As of today Release 9 of XtraDB storage engine is available.
The release includes following new features:
- The release is base on 1.0.6 version of InnoDB plugin.
- MySQL 5.1.42 as a base release
- Separate purge thread and LRU dump is implemented (this feature was actually added in Release 8, but somehow it was forgotten)
- New patch innodb_relax_table_creation
- Added extended statistics to slow log
- Adjust defaults with performance intention
- Added parameter to control checkpoint age
- Added recoveryÂ statisticsÂ outputÂ whenÂ crashÂ recoveryÂ (disabledÂ byÂ default)
- Patch to dump and restore innodb_buffer_pool
rename columns and add unique index cause serious inconsistent with mysqld
- Bug #495342: â€œMySQL 5.1.41 + InnoDB 1.0.6 + XtraDB patches extensions-1.0.6, rev. 127 fails to compile on OpenSolarisâ€
- Bug #47621: changeÂ theÂ fixÂ ofÂ http://bugs.mysql.com/47621Â moreÂ reasonable
The builds for RedHat 4, 5 , Debian and Ubuntu are located on https://www.percona.com/mysql/xtradb/5.1.42-9/ . Since Release 9 .tar.gz packages are available for FreeBSD.
Once you install Percona-release repo the upgrade becomes as easy as
yum update MySQL-server-percona MySQL-client-percona
The latest source code of XtraDB, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona