There is an on-going shift within many organizations where the focus placed on application engineers is expanding while at the same time infrastructure teams within the DBA landscape are being trimmed back. The result is application engineers with little to no database experience and DBAs who are completely overwhelmed – both looking for resources to complete the work expected of them. As we know, helping consolidate this work and empowering those responsible is not only critical but often paramount in the success of an organization.
Introducing the Percona Enterprise Platform
Our vision is to provide a truly open source platform that won’t lock you in, with a single pane of glass to easily manage your open source database infrastructure, and a self-service experience enabling fast and consistent open source database deployment.
Our goal is to deliver a platform which provides the enterprise benefits our customers are looking for, including:
- A single interface to deploy and manage your open source databases on-prem, in the cloud, or across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- The ability to configure a database once and deploy it anywhere.
- Critical database management operations such as backup, recovery, and patching.
- Enhanced automation and advisory services, which allow you to find, eliminate, and prevent outages, security issues, and slowdowns.
- A viable alternative platform to public cloud and large enterprise database vendor DBaaS offerings, enabling you to eliminate vendor lock-in.
The Percona Enterprise Platform Beta Program is Kicking Off This Year!
The beta program will officially launch before the end of 2020 and we’re hoping you’ll join us as this is your opportunity to help shape the future of our open-source database platform offering. We know you’re curious as to what that entails, so read on to learn more.
- This beta is a year-long program with four phases
- Each three-month phase will involve a different area of emphasis in terms of participant feedback
- Each phase requires around 10 hours of self-paced activities during the three month period. Participants can commit to as many phases as they like.
- Our initial focus will be on MySQL and MongoDB, with PostgreSQL added later in the program.
- Beta participant activities will be facilitated through our Percona Forum, so go ahead and register today if you haven’t already!
Register now in order to hear more about the beta program as we get closer to kick-off later this year!