The Call For Papers (CFP) for Percona Live 2020 is now open!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, January 22.
Percona Live will be held in Austin, Texas from Monday, May 18 through Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at a new venue, the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center. The CFP is open for submissions from November 27, 2019, through January
13 22, 2020. We invite abstracts covering any and all aspects of open source databases, including on-premise, in the cloud, and across the multi-verse!
Hot Open Source Topics for 2020
All Open Source database themes are welcome, but these are our hot topics for 2020:
- Success in the multi-verse: How to optimize performance, architecture, high-availability, replication, and more in a multi-cloud, multi-database environment.
- Support of cloud-native applications in database environments: How you burst scale and performance when you need it.
- Managing systems at scale: How to manage 1000’s of databases effectively.
- Finding and solving problems quickly: How you keep systems up and running in the heat of an outage or a slowdown.
- Data security: How you prevent your database from leaking data.
- Development: Best practices for enabling developers to self-support and make database choices.
All abstracts will get a full, fair, and competitive assessment by our Conference Program Committee of open source database experts. We’re currently finalizing our committee membership, which will be announced soon.
The conference will also include presentations by sponsoring companies that operate on the leading edge of open source technology. Many of our sponsors are pivotal players in the industry and make important contributions to open source projects. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Bronwyn Campbell.
- Proposals can be for half-day or full-day tutorials, 50-minute conference sessions, 25-minute conference sessions, or 10-minute lightning talks.
- A talk can be shared by up to four speakers.
- All speakers, except lightning talks, receive a full, free pass to Percona Live.
- The closing date for proposals is 11:59 p.m. AoE (GMT -12) on
MondayWednesday, January 1322, 2020.
- We may select some proposals early, before the CFP closes, to announce an agenda sneak peek. So the earlier you submit, the better your chance of success.
If you have any questions about the CFP or the conference, don’t hesitate to get in touch! You can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, if you are ready to register then sign up now – you can save your submission in progress, so there’s no need to do it all in one session.