Tutorial Schedule for Percona Live Europe 2018 Is LiveBronwyn Campbell
Percona has revealed the line-up of in-depth tutorials for the Percona Live Europe 2018 Open Source Database Conference, taking place November 5–7, 2018 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Secure your spot now with Advanced Registration prices. Be sure to buy your tickets soon as tickets prices will only head up, not down! Sponsorship opportunities for the conference are still available.
Percona Live Europe 2018 Open Source Database Conference is the premier open source database event. Our theme this year is “Connect. Accelerate. Innovate.” Percona Live is the place to learn about how open source database technology can power your applications, improve your websites and solve your critical database issues.
Tutorials take place throughout the day on Monday, November 5. Tutorials are three hours and provide practical, in-depth knowledge exchange on critical open source database issues. The line up includes:
- Query Optimization with MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.3: The Basics with Jaime Crespo – Wikimedia Foundation
- Hands on ProxySQL with René Cannaò – ProxySQL
- ElasticSearch 101 with Antonios Giannopoulos – ObjectRocket
- MySQL Performance Schema in Action: the Complete Tutorial with Sveta Smirnova and Alexander Rubin – Percona
- MySQL InnoDB Cluster in a Nutshell : The Saga Continues with 8.0 with Frédéric Descamps – Oracle
- Introduction to PostgreSQL for MySQL and Oracle DBAs with Avinash Vallarapu – Percona
- InnoDB Architecture and Optimization with Peter Zaitsev – Percona
- MongoDB: Replica Sets and Sharded Clusters with Adamo Tonete – Percona
- High Availability PostgreSQL and Kubernetes with Google Cloud presented by Alexis Guajardo – Google
- Open Source Database Performance Optimization and Monitoring with PMM with Michael Coburn, Vinicius Grippa, and Avinash Vallarapu – Percona
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Tutorial presented by Tibor Köröcz – Percona
- Mastering PostgreSQL Administration with Bruce Momjian – EnterpriseDB
Tuesday 6th November
- Percona Server 8.0 – Laurynas Biveinis – Percona
- MySQL 8.0 Performance: Scalability & Benchmarks – Dimitri Kravtchuk – Oracle
- MySQL Group Replication : the magic explained – Frédéric Descamps – Oracle
- Explaining the Postgres Query Optimizer – Bruce Momjian – EnterpriseDB
- TLS for MySQL at large scale – Jaime Crespo – Wikimedia Foundation
- BlaBlaCar – 100% Containers Powered Carpooling – Maxime Fouilleul – BlaBlaCar
- A Year in Google Cloud – Carmen Mason, Alan Mason – VitalSource Technologies
- Demystifying MySQL Replication Crash Safety – Jean-François Gagné
- MongoDB Shard 101 – Adamo Tonete – Percona
- Highway to Hell or Stairway to Cloud? – Alexander Kukushkin – Zalando
- MongoDB administration cool tips – Gabriel Ciciliani – Pythian
Wednesday 7th November
- PostgreSQL Enterprise Features – Michael Banck – credativ GmbH
- Open Source Databases and Non-Volatile Memory – Frank Ober – Intel Memory Group
- MariaDB 10.3 Optimizer and beyond – Vicentiu Ciorbaru – MariaDB Foundation
- MariaDB system-versioned tables – Federico Razzoli – PayProp
A shout out to our fantastic Conference Committee who have been working hard to review the tutorial and talk submissions: we had over 200! Thank you!
Percona Live 2018 Open Source Database Conference will be held at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt Franklinstraße 65, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The Radisson Blu enjoys an enviable location in the Bockenheim District, just off the A66 motorway – only one kilometer from Messe Frankfurt, one of the world’s largest exhibition complexes. They’re also just 10 minutes from the city center, and Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) is a quick 15-minute drive away.
Book your hotel using Percona’s special room block rate, available only until September 20.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Europe 2018 Open Source Database Conference are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details.