Join Percona Chief Evangelist Colin Charles as he covers happenings, gives pointers and provides musings on the open source database community.
Writing to you on the ground from FOSSASIA 2018, where I gave a track introduction yesterday since we have a pretty awesome database track most Saturday, and generally, all MySQL focused on Sunday. There’s even a list of talks by Oracle MySQL’ers (yes, there’s more than just Oracle folk, but for that, you got to get the schedule).
The Percona Live Community Dinner happens again this year during Percona Live 2018, at Pedro’s on 24 April 2018. It starts at 7 pm, and I highly recommend you purchase the $30 ticket. It usually sells out, so don’t wait till it’s too late.
Some big news from a MySQL in the cloud perspective: Announcing general availability of Azure database services for MySQL and PostgreSQL. There’s also a quick guide: Create an Azure Database for MySQL server by using the Azure portal. Note that next comes MariaDB Server too.
- From Severalnines, check out Getting Started with ProxySQL – MySQL & MariaDB Load Balancing Tutorial — Database Load Balancing for MySQL and MariaDB with ProxySQL – Tutorial – a lot of this is applicable even if you don’t use ClusterControl.
- A MySQL to MongoDB migration for Sega – SEGA HARDlight Migrates to MongoDB Atlas to Simplify Ops and Improve Experience for Millions of Mobile Gamers
- ProxySQL new routing algorithm to handle thousands of hundreds of schemas/shards
- Fun With Bugs #62 – On Bugs Related to JSON Support in MySQL
- Migrating to MySQL 8.0 without breaking old applications
- The Case Against The Case Against Auto Increment in MySQL
- The simultaneous_assignment mode in MariaDB 10.3.5
- An Open Source Tool to analyze wasted EBS capacity in your AWS environment
- RedisGraph: A High Performance In-Memory Graph Database as a Redis Module