This Week in Data with Colin Charles 18: Percona Live Call For Papers and a MongoDB 3.6 OverviewColin Charles
Join Percona Chief Evangelist Colin Charles as he covers happenings, gives pointers and provides musings on the open source database community.
I highly recommend submitting to the CFP for Percona Live Santa Clara 2018 even though it only closes December 22 2017. By the 3rd week of December, i.e. before the CfP closes, it is very likely that we will announce some of the schedule. So get in early! Keep in mind the broad topics, there are some ideas here.
Also: we are looking for sponsors for Percona Live – you can email me for more information.
- MongoDB 3.6 is now available for download. Don’t forget to read the overview by David Murphy.
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.58-38.10
- Hacker News has a discussion around AntidoteDB, a CRDT-based distributed database
- GoCardless, PostgreSQL users, have a good incident report around their recent API and dashboard outage. Even with automatic failovers, failures do occur.
- MySQL Explain Analyzer
- Learn PostgreSQL with PostgreSQL Exercises
- Fascinating case study material, PL/SQL microservices for real at Garmin. They focused on re-skilling.
- BlazingDB, the distributed GPU-accelerated data warehouse, raised $2.9 million seed capital from Samsung NEXT and Nvidia; why Samsung put money into the deal.
- ACMUG 2017 gathering – Beijing, China, December 9-10 2017 – it was very exciting being there in 2016, I can only imagine its going to be be bigger and better for 2017, since it is now two days long!