Percona announces the release of Percona Monitoring and Management 1.3.0 on September 26, 2017.
Percona Monitoring and Management 1.3.0 introduces basic support for the MyRocks storage engine. There is a special dashboard in Metrics Monitor that presents the essential metrics of MyRocks as separate graphs. Also, Metrics Monitor graphs now feature on-demand descriptions that remain visible as long as hover over them.
For example, this graph helps you visualize MyRocks database operations of Next and Seek attributes:
There are many improvements to QAN (Query Analytics) both in the user interface design and in its capabilities. In this release, QAN starts supporting all types of MongoDB queries. For example, if you need to limit the list of available queries to only those that you are interested in, use the Query Filter field next to the database selection button:
Orchestrator is not enabled by default because leaving it in a non-configured state was confusing to users. It is still possible to enable it along with the docker run command.
For install and upgrade instructions, see Deploying Percona Monitoring and Management.
- PMM-1290: Basic support for the metrics of the MyRocks storage engine in MySQL via the mysqld-exporter.
- PMM-1312: Metrics Monitor now features a MyRocks dashboard.
- PMM-1330: Basic telemetry data are collected from PMM Servers.
- PMM-1417: A new dashboard in Metrics Monitor designed to enable exploring any data in Prometheus
- PMM-1437: pmm-admin allows passing parameters to exporters
- PMM-685: The EXPLAIN command is now supported in QAN.
- PMM-1262: The system checks for updates much faster
- PMM-1015: QAN should shows all collections from a mongod instance. Make sure that profiling is enabled in MongoDB.
- PMM-1057: QAN supports all MongoDB query types.
- PMM-1270: In Metrics Monitor, the dashboard filter displays only MariaDB hosts.
- PMM-1287: In pmm-admin mongodb:queries is not experimental anymore and the
dev-enableoption is no longer needed.
- PMM-1446: In Metrics Monitor, the MySQL Active Threads graph displays data more accurately.
- PMM-1455: In Metrics Monitor, features descriptions of graphs
- PMM-1476: QAN2 is used by default in pmmdemo.percona.com
- PMM-1479: It is now possible to go to QAN directly from Metrics Monitor.
- PMM-515: Orchestrator is disabled by default. It is possible to enable it when running your docker container.
- PMM-1298: In QAN, the query abstract could be empty for MySQL hosts for low-ranking queries. This bug is fixed to contain Low Ranking Queries as the value of the query abstract.
- PMM-1314: The selected time range in QAN could be applied incorrectly. This bug is now fixed.
- PMM-1398: Prometheus memory was not updated after PMM upgrade. This bug is now fixed.
- PMM-1427: The CPU Usage/Load graph in the MySQL Overview dashboard was displayed with slightly incorrect dimensions. This bug is now solved.
- PMM-1472: It could happen that monitoring of queries for MongoDB with replication could not be enabled.
- PMM-943: InnoDB AHI Usage Graph had incorrect naming and hit ratio computation.