We are excited to announce that the sneak peek schedule for the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 is up! The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 is September 25 – 27, at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel.
The theme of Percona Live Europe 2017 is Championing Open Source Databases, with sessions on MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and other open source database technologies, including time series databases, PostgreSQL and RocksDB. This year’s conference will feature one day of tutorials and two days of keynote talks and breakout sessions related to open source databases and software. Tackling subjects such as analytics, architecture and design, security, operations, scalability and performance, Percona Live Europe provides in-depth discussions for your high-availability, IoT, cloud, big data and other changing business needs.
Below are some of our top picks for MySQL, MongoDB and open source database sessions:
- Hands-On ProxySQL
Rene Cannao (ProxySQL), David Turner (Uber)
- MySQL Operations in Docker
Giuseppe Maxia (VMware)
- Practical Orchestrator Tutorial
Shlomi Noach (GitHub)
- How to Use MySQL in the Cloud
Lixun Peng (Alibaba Cloud)
- A Quick Tour of MySQL 8.0 Roles
Giuseppe Maxia (VMware)
- Introduction to MySQL InnoDB Cluster
Frederic Descamps (Oracle)
- MySQL Infrastructure Testing Automation at GitHub
Shlomi Noach (GitHub), Tom Krouper (GitHub)
- MySQL Security: Granting Secure Temporary Access with Vault
Walter Heck (OlinData)
- InnoDB Locking Demystified
Jan Lindström (MariaDB)
- High-Performance JSON: PostgreSQL Vs. MongoDB
Wei Shan Ang (GlobalSign), Dominic Dwyer (GlobalSign)
- Improve MongoDB Replication and Reduce Competition Between User Queries
Xin Liu (Alibaba)
- Improvements to MongoRocks in 2017
Mark Callaghan (Facebook)
- NoSQL Best Practices for PostgreSQL
Dmitry Dolgov (Zalando SE)
- Migrating To and Living on RDS/Aurora
Balazs Pocze (Gizmodo)
- RocksDB Static Sorted Table (SST) Formats: Considerations When Building a Search Engine
Tarek Sheasha (Booking.com)
- What’s New in CMongo Tencent’s Branch of MongoDB
Deyu Kong (Tencent)
Other Open Source Database Topics:
- Database Reliability Engineering: What, Why and How?
Laine Campbell (Fastly)
- Visualize Your Data with Grafana
Daniel Lee (Grafana Labs)
- Migrating to Vitess at (Slack) Scale
Michael Demmer (Slack)
- Gh-ost: Triggerless, Painless, Trusted Online Schema Migrations
Jonah Berquist (GitHub)
- How to Backup at Petabyte Scale When Every Transaction Counts
Karoly Nagy (Dropbox)
- Automatic Database Management System Tuning Through Large-Scale Machine Learning
Dana Van Aken (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Elasticsearch (R)Evolution – You Know, for Search…
Philipp Krenn (Elastic)
- Evolution of the Prometheus TSDB
Brian Brazil (Robust Perception)
Registration Prices Increase August 9, 2017 – Get Tickets Now for the Best Price!
Just a reminder to everyone out there that the Early Bird discount rate for the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 ends August 8! The price increases as of August 9, so buy now. The Early Bird rate gets you all the excellent and amazing opportunities that Percona Live Europe offers, at a very reasonable price! Get your tickets as soon as possible for the best price.
Percona Live Europe 2017 Open Source Database Conference will be held at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, at Golden Lane 8, Dublin, Ireland.
The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel is a prime location in the heart of Dublin. Enjoy this spacious venue with complementary WiFi, expert on-site staff and three great restaurants offering a wide variety of meals. Staying for a couple extra days? Take time to enjoy the different tourist attractions, like traditional beer pubs and XII century castles, located minutes away.
A special hotel rate of EUR 250.00 is available for Percona Live Europe 2017 until August 14, 2017.
You can reserve a room by booking through the Radisson Blu’s reservation site.
- Click BOOK NOW at the top right.
- Enter your preferred check-in and check-out dates, and how many rooms.
- From the drop-down “Select Rate Type,” choose Promotional Code.
- Enter the code PERCON to get the discount
This special deal includes breakfast each morning! The group rate only applies if used within the Percona Live Europe group block dates (September 25-27, 2017).
Sponsor Percona Live
Become a conference sponsor! We have sponsorship opportunities available for this annual MySQL, MongoDB and open source database event. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs who attend the event.