Percona XtraBackup 2.3.9 is Now AvailableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
--check-privilegesoption has been implemented that can be used to check if Percona XtraBackup has all required privileges to perform the backup.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash when being prepared if the index compaction was enabled. Bug fixed #1192834.
- Fixed build failure on Debian Stretch by adding support for building with OpenSSL 1.1. Bug fixed #1678947.
- xbstream could run out of file descriptors while extracting the backup which contains many tables. Bug fixed #1690823.
- Percona XtraBackup incorrectly determined use of
master_auto_postionon a slave, and thus generated invalid
xtrabackup_slave_infofile. Bug fixed #1705193.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash while backing up MariaDB 10.2.x with
--ftwrl-*options. Bug fixed #1704636.
- Along with
xtrabackup_checkpintsfile, xtrabackup now copies
xtrabackup_infofile into directory specified by
--extra-lsndiroption. Bug fixed #1600656.
- GTID position was not recorded when
--binlog-infooption was set to
AUTO. Bug fixed #1651505.