Percona Live Europe 2017 Call for Papers Deadline Extended to July 24, 2017Dave Avery
We are extending the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 call for papers deadline to Monday, July 24, 2017. Get your submissions in now!
Between our Conference Committee working hard to review all the outstanding talk ideas, and the many community requests for more time, we didn’t want to shortchange any of our applicants. If you procrastinated too long, didn’t complete your talk submission or just plain forgot to submit, this is your reprieve! You have one extra week to pull together a proposal for a talk on open source databases at Percona Live Europe 2017.
The theme of Percona Live Europe 2017 is “Championing Open Source Databases.” There are sessions on MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and Other Open Source Database technologies, including time series databases, PostgreSQL and RocksDB. Are you:
- Working with MongoDB as a developer?
- Creating a new MySQL-variant time series database?
- Deploying MariaDB in a novel way?
- Using open source database technology to solve a business issue?
Share your open source database experiences with peers and professionals in the open source community! We invite you to submit your speaking proposal for breakout, tutorial or lightning talk sessions:
- Breakout Session. Broadly cover a technology area using specific examples. Sessions should be either 25 minutes or 50 minutes in length (including Q&A).
- Tutorial Session. Present a technical session that aims for a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Encourage attendees to bring and use laptops for working on detailed and hands-on presentations. Tutorials will be three or six hours in length (including Q&A).
- Lightning Talk. Give a five-minute presentation focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a new call for papers system that requires everyone to register for a new account. You can save proposals as drafts and edit them later. Once a proposal is submitted, it is final. You can NOT change a proposal once submitted.
Register for Percona Live Europe 2017 now! Early Bird registration lasts until August 8
Last year’s Percona Live Europe sold out, and we’re looking to do the same at this year’s conference. Don’t miss your chance to get your ticket at its most affordable price. Click here to register.
Percona Live 2017 sponsorship opportunities are available now
Percona Live Europe 2017 is just around the corner. Have you secured your sponsorship yet? Last year’s event sold out! Booth selection for our limited sponsorship opportunities is on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to find out how to sponsor.
Don’t miss out on a special room rate at the Percona Live Europe 2017 venue
This year, Percona Live Europe is being held at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin. You can get a special room rate when you attend the conference. But hurry, rooms are going fast! To get the special room rate:
- Visit https://www.radissonblu.com/en/royalhotel-dublin.
- Click BOOK NOW at the top right.
- Enter your preferred check-in and check-out dates, and how many rooms.
- From the drop-down “Select Rate Type,” choose Promotional Code.
- Enter the code PERCON to get the discount.
This special deal includes breakfast each morning! The group rate only applies if used within the Percona Live Europe group block dates (September 25-27, 2017). The deadline for booking with this rate is July 24, 2017.