Join Percona’s Chief Evangelist, Colin Charles as he presents Securing Your MySQL/MariaDB Data on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 7:00 am PDT / 10:00 am EDT (UTC-7).
This webinar will discuss the features of MySQL/MariaDB that when enabled and used improve the default usage of MySQL. Many cloud-based applications fail to:
- Use appropriate filesystem permissions
- Employ TLS/SSL for connections
- Require TLS/SSL with MySQL replication
- Use external authentication plugins (LDAP, PAM, Kerberos)
- Encrypt all your data at rest
- Monitor your database with the audit plugin
- Review and rejecting SQL injections
- Design application access using traditional firewall technology
- Employ other MySQL/MariaDB security features
This webinar will demonstrate and advise on how to correctly implement the features above. We will end the presentation with some simple steps on how to hack a MySQL installation.
Colin Charles is the Chief Evangelist at Percona. He was previously on the founding team of MariaDB Server in 2009, worked at MySQL since 2005 and been a MySQL user since 2000. Before joining MySQL, he worked actively on the Fedora and OpenOffice.org projects. He’s well known within open source communities in APAC, and has spoken at many conferences.